Bracelet

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
Last year for Christmas we gave "made presents" which included about 25 pens, 60+ bowls, about 100 pendants, and many things from my wife's loom.

This year I am making bracelets and other things for presents.

This bracelet is from a very old and dead (long time dead) Red Bud.
Drilled center hole to size, Band-sawn to a circle, soaked in thin super-glue to stabilize the wood.

turned a wooden mandrel so the bracelet could be wedge on.
Shaped the bracelet and finished it with sanding sealer, antique oil, and Rennaissance wax

Last edited:
I agree with Toni, that's beautiful.

I cut up some Red Bud last summer into pen blanks. They are now spaghetti. Those suckers have twisted and turned in ways I didn't even know wood would turn. :D

Don't tell her but I never (until photo) thought that my wife's arm was so old!:D

Boy oh boy could I get in trouble!

Don,

Most recommend to use the average wrist --- of a 2 1/2 inch bit.

But my wife talked me into a 2 5/8 (Forstner bit) ---- too large in my opinion...

The bits are NOT cheap to get one that will last longer than one hole.

But my wife who is small thinks it it the perfect size...:huh:

The LOML just saw that Paul, I am now in trouble as I don't to spinny things and she likes that..............a lot:p that is sweet.............she say's so, so must be:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Do I see another falling into the spinning vortex...:eek: Larry, Quick, Tom needs an intervention:eek: :D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

OH NO no slipping here :p don't mean I don't appreciate the spinny stuff cause I do,:thumb: Lots of incredible stuff there:) just do not have time for it, after all I still have a kitchen to finish, some awesome walnut burl to work and a newly accusitioned walnut slab to play with, let alone the couple thousand feet of flat stuff in the wood shed waiting for me so patently:D:thumb::thumb::thumb: Maybe after all of that..............:D

Chuck Thoits: 2 5/8 seems to be a good size. Hope you had great success last year with your Bracelets. I have only made about 6 so far with many more to go before I sleep! Seems to be a great way to use, productively well figured scrap wood. Have you also made pendants? How about fancy boxes? The boxes are next on my list -- purchased the following -- hope it helps with the boxes -- http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/fast_joint_system.html

Paul

Well Paul I think I have all but one of the bracelets I made last year, and that one I gave away:doh:
No I have not made any of the boxes like that or any pendants.