Flying with one wing

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Pardon a little whine.

I hurt my right shoulder painting the kitchen ceiling. Actually it is a re-injury, only this time if I continue to use my right arm, even normally, I risk tearing a tendon and then would face surgery and a year long rehab. It is painful and my arm feels like it is in an anthill. The nerves are driving me nuts.

I hate it when the medical world interferes with my world! It is going to be hard to sit out for a while. Arm in a sling and Velcro-ed to a belt loop. Totally restricts any movement.

Think I'll go back to bed.....

Don't ignore it. A torn lig. or muscle does not always heal properly without treatment or surgery. I learned that the hard way. I injured my right shoulder and thought I could tough it out. Never got better. When I finally saw an orthopedic surgeon he said it had healed but improperly. Too late for corrective surgery. Now, I am limited in lifting ability (had to give up pistol shooting and other chores) and in constant pain. Back in September I injured my left shoulder and got prompt examination. I'll be having surgery sometime soon. (getting appointments through the VA often takes much time.) Having one wing in a sling for several months will be difficult but better that than a repeat of the right shoulder situation. I'm running out of shoulders.