Bought some lumber

Seen an ad in the paper. Local stair builder is cleaning shop. (Heard fire Marshall gave him the go ahead) $15 for 2 ft high pallet. I got 2 trips. Pallets were just a little bit narrow, but oh well. Longest piece of this stuff is 42". Should make something.
IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

Lots of Cherry, Red Oak, Maple and Poplar. Some Alder, Box Elder, White Oak and some to remain unknown.

Went to a buddy's house and got 100 bd ft of 4/4 cherry from him. At $1 ft I couldn't pass it up.
IMG_3951.jpg

Ended up with 112 bd ft for $100.

Nothing like being called a thief by friends. It bring a tear to one's eye:thumb: What's I guy to do. If I didn't buy someone else would and we can't let that happen.

All the 8/4 is gone. My turning buddy called soon as I got home and came to pick it up. There was 7 or 8 pieces, he got a good deal. Take it, get it out of my sight.

I have to call the guy back on Good Friday. What ever is left is mine. He is going to give me a price for the remainder. Told him I would give he a "little something" for it, to get it out of his way.

Ok Steve that stuff really looks like you could make a ton of stuff with it. Why not follow Dans post and make a few candle holders for the family.:D No excuses now and hey that thumb of yours must have healed up by now.:D

what can you build with stuff up to 36 inches:
end tables, benches, stools, a large array of childrens furniture, small cabinets, free standing as well as hangers or bookcase type.
ofcourse theres always boxs, jewerly boxes, candles holders, small gift items, glue some together and you have tons of bowl blanks, or cut it up and you have thousands of pen and bottle stopper blanks.
picture frames, mirror frames, shop organizers,

and since he was a stair builder, there might be some nice white oak in there, and thats always good for adirondack chairs, barbeque cart, only need a few pieces 3 feet long, then under 30 inches would carry the rest of the build.

Well after he gets it all hauled home, call his fire marshall and he'll have to have a fire sale!! :eek::huh: Nice haul Steve!:thumb: Nothing better than having the cash when a great deal shows up. Now you gotta get a better place to stack it then on your table saw or else you aren't going to get anything other than gazing at all that wood! Oh, think you could show Glenn a thing or two about stacking higher and deeper in your shop!!!!:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl: