ALERT to AT&T U-Verse users who use gmail!

John Pollman

Hi folks,
I just thought I'd post a heads up to our members who use AT&T U-Verse for their ISP and also use gmail for their email. That's the situation I'm in and all was fine last night. But since early this morning, no email. I tried to check my email at about 7:00 this morning and the first of my two accounts that I access with Windows Mail worked fine, but I wasn't able to access my gmail account. I figured it was a short glitch that would be resolved shortly. I waited about ninety minutes and had the same result. I had a job to finish up today so I figured that I'd deal with it when I got home. I got back to it at about 3:00 p.m. and it still wasn't working. Well I spent about three hours screwing around and pulling my hair out. I finally got it figured out.

If you're using POP.GMAIL.COM and SMTP.GMAIL.COM, change them to POP.GOOGLEMAIL.COM and SMTP.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. Do this and you'll be all set.

Have a great weekend all!

John

I don't know if it was exclusively a problem for U-Verse users or not. But after a lot of digging and frustration, I found a help section of the gmail page. It appears that there were quite a few people having the issue. Most of them were U-Verse customers. It may have affected other ISP's though.

John