Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another bed:)

Exclamation Another bed:)

well i have been told, that i need to make another bed.. well here is the dilemma, she tends to like G&G style and i like to see the figured woods in panels and such.. so here is my question ,, i like contemporary as well so i am lookun for a combination or at least some of your ideas of how i can mix up the two or make something not mixed up and yet have her like it. i have asked her to look at some books for ideas but havnt got far,, so i need help.. so show me your ideas and i will get my resident designer put it threw shetchup for me..Dano get ready i got a job fer you soon thanks for you input
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

If you have to build it between now and Friday....it could be a "hack" job.
    Ken
    ------

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.........another bed project I am looking forward to the design AND build So I guess the walnut end tables are on the side burners again

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.........another bed project I am looking forward to the design AND build So I guess the walnut end tables are on the side burners again
    looked them over again tom and have decided that they dont quit measure up for what i am looking for these days so will turn(CUT) them into smaller pieces for another style project ..
    back to the bed project,, if anyone can give me some links to look at for her to browse threw, that would be good start..

I have been leaning toward this type of idea but, the dresser comes first on my priority list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G&G-Bed-Idea.jpg  
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have been leaning toward this type of idea but, the dresser comes first on my priority list.
    now glenn,, you been reading my mind i was just talking with her and mentioned i wanted a curve and not a round post setup.. now i can use this "BOARD" in the head board of it and use another "BOARD" for the foot board. keep the ideas coming and as soon as i get back i will get my resident design guy to draw it up fer me..

Hi Larry.

If you can wait four days, you'll have an industrial designer at your side 24 hours a day for 15 days, that should be enough to get some ideas that you may like
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Ew ew Mission style... I might be able to come up with a few Ideas.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

What's wrong with just tossing the mattress on the floor?
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Hi Larry.

industrial designer
    So is this bed going to be made out of concrete and re-bar?
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.