old wood

ken lutes

I have some old short pieces of walnut and cherry wood. These are cut off pieces of out of an old log barn. Probably 12 to 16 inches long and 4 to 6 inches thick. Some have seasoned splits in the middle. You could get 4x4 to 6x6s out of them. Might make good pieces to turn. I am not a wood turner. You probably get about 16 to 20 pieces. Any one close by interested please email me. Sorry I dont want to ship. But you cant beat the price if you are close. Free to a fellow Family Wood Worker.:wave:

I have some old short pieces of walnut and cherry wood. These are cut off pieces of out of an old log barn. Probably 12 to 16 inches long and 4 to 6 inches thick. Some have seasoned splits in the middle. You could get 4x4 to 6x6s out of them. Might make good pieces to turn. I am not a wood turner. You probably get about 16 to 20 pieces. Any one close by interested please email me. Sorry I dont want to ship. But you cant beat the price if you are close. Free to a fellow Family Wood Worker.:wave:

Old cherry can get dry and crumbly. It often needs stabilizing for turning. But, when done, looks good.

Thanks for the comments guys. I would rather see a fellow woodworker get some good out of it than a stranger and and a few bucks. Maybe if someone does get them they could post some pictures of things they made out of them. That would be nice. :wave:

Ken,
You're only about 4 hours away from me...

I'm less than 2 hours away.... but I already have a mass of woods and project plans but no time to execute. Geeze, I wish I could stop by when I visit my mom for Easter. but must pass to the Orange state.