Want to see some more pens?

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
I've been holding back somewhat, so here's a bunch of my latest!
attachment.php

Not wood, but difficult to tell it's not! This material is called Inlace. There are bronze and purple colourings in it. The pen is a Sedona rollerball, plated in titanium gold.
attachment.php

All the rest are genuine wood!:thumb:This pen is turned from Australian Black Box (Eucalyptus Largiflorens). It's a Tycoon rollerball in Rhodium/Platinum.
attachment.php

A Jr. Marshall turned from an Australian Brown Mallee burl, plated in Rhodium & Black Titanium.
attachment.php

Same style of pen as the one above turned from an Australian Red Mallee burl. Plated in Rhodium & Black Titanium as well.
The Red & Brown Mallee burls from Australia are much sought after by penturners. It is becoming reasonably rare and somewhat expensive as far as pen blanks go. I was lucky enough to have these given to me in a pen swap.
attachment.php

This pair are Elegant Sierra ball points. On the left an Orange dyed curly maple, and on the right a short piece of Mallee burl I was able to use.
attachment.php

This one is an Ultra Cigar, kind of large for some hands but older people with arthritis like it to hold. I'm guessing at the wood being spalted Beech. The plating is Chrome /Satin Chrome.
attachment.php

A Perfect Fit ball point in two-tone Cocobolo, plated in Titanium Gold.
attachment.php

This is a Long Clicker in Cocobolo and Titanium Gold.
attachment.php

A Zen rollerball turned from Golden Amboyna burl in 10K Gold. This pen has a magnetic cap.
attachment.php

This totally black Cigar ballpoint has been turned from 2,000 year old Bog Oak from Ireland. I had to dye it with India Ink to get it as black as I desired. I'm not certain I have done justice to the pen. It may get taken apart and refinished. The plating on this pen is Black Chrome.

Mack your pens just keep getting better and better. Wow you pushing the edge further and further. I would say you have more than differentiated yourself in terms of quality. :thumb: They should fetch a good price and one can easily see why.

As always, your work is impeccable and the finishes to die (dye?) for.
Have to think on that black dyed IBO.
Mallee rare? :eek: I just gave away a box full of chunks. :eek:
Hi Frank; "Rare" may be a little overstated, although here's an exerpt from a Mallee Burl site I was on.
"As of Jan. 1, 04 we have been informed that the supply of red mallee burl caps on the east coast of Australia has been virtually exhausted. Unless some new sources are located, this fantastic burl may disappear from the market place."

Coming from Australia, certainly makes it somewhat scarce on our continent. If you ever have another box to discard, I would gladly send you my addy.​

:wave:I have also been known to send pens to guys that have shown their generosity in this regard!:wave: