Saw this on CL

As I recall, Reliant was a house brand for the Woodworker's Warehouse stores (which are no longer in business). I think it's a pretty typical Tai/Chi machine from a decade or two ago, but not a lot has changed in basic jointer design in that time. Probably came out of the same factory all the others in that group come from...Jet, Grizzly, etc. I'd say if it runs and the tables are flat, $125 is a pretty darned good price. If it didn't meet your needs, I'm pretty sure you could sell it to the next guy for that much.

For the price of a good drill, it would be hard to go wrong, especially if it includes the mobile base. Just as an aside, its a poor base but it will move stuff. I use one on my DP which doesn't move often but, I'm glad to have it.

As Vaughn pointed out, if the tables and their movement are OK and the head moves without issues most other things can be fixed it required. Make sure all the knife retaining hardware is present as it can sometimes be hard to come by after-market (gib screws, wedges and such).

If the tables won't align decently, you will get nothing but grief out of it so I would pass. Take along a straight edge, if things look good, I would say its a pretty fair deal for a working machine.

Thanks for the info guys. The straight edge is a good idea.

I'm very familiar with Woodworkers Warehouse, aka Trendlines. When they closed up 5 or 6 years ago I was left holding the bag for an order of 200+ trim nailers :doh:

Clocks ticking you got 30 minutes to go buy it or I'm gonna:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I should add that I all ready have a Jet that looks just like it. So I really have no need for it.

Last edited:
Bob, I had the exact same machine, Reliant, bought at WW Warehouse before their demise. IIRC, it cost about $300 new on sale. It did its job well enough. Again, IIRC, the knives were a bit difficult to set, but with some care, it worked fine. I think I sold it for about $250 with an extra set of knives, so the asking price seems like a very good deal to me. What you should consider is whether you want a 6" or 8"; in either case, I feel confident you can sell this for what or more than you'd pay for it.

good luck.