Last follow up on the lost dog story

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I called the vet this morning. Her family came and got her last night and was thrilled to see her. :D

To be honest I am a little bummed. She sure was a sweetie. Not that I need another animal to find a sitter for when I am gone from time to time. Cats are easier that way. And the cat is a sweetie, too. :thumb:

All's well that ends well. :)

If you really need another dog, when you stop by in June, if he still here, you can have the neighbor's black pit that has adopted us... he doesn't like cats, except for breakfast, but otherwise he's just a big ol baby. He'll need a new name though, the one he has is politically incorrect...:rolleyes:

As a BIG dog lover I am real happy this has worked out but my question is why did it run off in the first place. Were they not watching it and just turned it out to run. All of my Boxers are only allowed out the front door if on a leash or can run in the back FENCED yard and still we keep an eye on them. They are family ya know :thumb:

Jay

Her family only knows a good Samaritan found their dog and went to a little effort to get her back home. That is the purpose of the chip program. They do not know my name nor do I know theirs. I was told that is the way it works.

Her home is 20 miles from me. Don't know for sure how she came to be lost in my neighborhood. Vet speculated that she was out for a hike with her family up here. Likely she had been let off her leash. Being a 'city' dog she probably became frightened and ran away from whatever frightened her. She ran to a populated area and that was that. Vet says it happens more than we think.

I hope that is the story. I did tell the vet that if that dog winds up needing a new home, I would take her. Of course, come to find out today, I'd have to arm wrestle one of my neighbors for her.

No, I was not looking for a dog when she came to visit. She was just such a sweetheart, I would of have found a way. I'm still not looking for a dog. This just happened. Serendipitous.