Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pen Blank Swap is Shipped!

no, it's the third attempt at the first attempt of the second try of the second go round...
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

Heres a picture so you can see them too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pen blank swap.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	44083

Thumbs up

Wow, Nice looking blanks. We can pick who we send it to.... Hmmmm Bob lives about 10 min away maybe I'll hand deliver if I get it before him. Sneak in a family meet.
    Richard "Butch" Leshner

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Leshner View Post
    Wow, Nice looking blanks. We can pick who we send it to.... Hmmmm Bob lives about 10 min away maybe I'll hand deliver if I get it before him. Sneak in a family meet.

It would be great to have a family visit
    So Mote It Be

Interesting. I don't see many sin-thetiks in there. That black board they are setting looks curious. Boggy oak?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Well frank there are a few resin blanks in the mix. 7-10 if my memory isn't totally shot. I just tried out casting hornet nest in alumilite. I went with yellow and black resin- go figure. I threw in one of those. It is strictly turn at your own risk, there might be a few holes in it. I shot a big bald face hornet nest out of a tree yesterday so I am chomping at the bit to do some more of those casts. Been learning the worthless wood cast thing also. I have lots of burls and ant wood, and weird stuff that grows in trees. It will be interesting to see what actually looks good. I even have some prickley pear cactus skeletons to mess with.

The picture was shot laying on a painted piano bench that came with a grand piano that I just bought. The durn thing will dominate space in the shop until I get it re-finished. Never turned bog oak. Nor she-oak for that matter, that looks right pretty.

I ended up with some 3" squares of 4/4 Merlau black walnut today. Are these usable as blanks, and if so will folks here mind if I not cut them smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kosmowski View Post
    I ended up with some 3" squares of 4/4 Merlau black walnut today. Are these usable as blanks, and if so will folks here mind if I not cut them smaller?
    Those would work as good pendant or stopper blanks Mark. I can't speak for all but I wouldn't mind finding them in the box. And if some one wanted they could cut them down.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

HEY - I got a box in the mail the other day.

Sorry - but I have been flat out busy.

I forgot to take pics - but I took out some fine specimins and added in some of my private stock.

The box is now on its way to another member.

Man - I feel like I really blew it by not taking pics. That is sooo not like me.

Anyway - it's in transit.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    HEY - I got a box in the mail the other day.

Sorry - but I have been flat out busy.

I forgot to take pics - but I took out some fine specimins and added in some of my private stock.

The box is now on its way to another member.

Man - I feel like I really blew it by not taking pics. That is sooo not like me.

Anyway - it's in transit.
    what box, no pics, didn't happen...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward