Another Friday is here

I need to do some maintenance on the mower my Dad gave me. I'm in the middle of building a new dust pick up head for the overhead pickup for the new TS. I cut some of the pieces out last week. I finished up the last ones last night and started assembling. I need to get another adapter for the hose hookup, and some silicone, or other type of glue (mating PTEG to Plexiglass) to fill in the spots that aren't perfect mating surfaces. I will use hex socket head screws to hold the parts together, so probably silicone since it won't be for strength. Will have to re-balance it since this one is about 4" longer than the original one made for the contractor saw. But first and foremost, I'm going to get some extra sleep! Jim.

Watching for tour updates! :thumb: :lurk:

Finally getting some furniture out of my garage, so cleaning and re-organizing it, Picking up the new Ruger finally (ran out of time last weekend...hopefully they didn't sell out), and having Sunday dinner with the kids.

Doing Good Friday services tonight. Preparing for Sunday services tomorrow, and doing Easter Services on Sunday. In between on Saturday I hope to get a little painting done.

Dinner with my MIL and LOML's siblings tonight...tomorrow yard work and then taking my daughter to the Borg so she can ride the "tractors" and I can pick up some PT lumber for a backyard project. Sunday church and then easter dinner at my parents with my sister and her family too.

Hopefully I can get some shop time in as well. :dunno:

Not just another Friday... GOOD FRIDAY, Annual day for Canadian Snow Birds to drive their Land yachts North through KY on I-75. A regular circus out there, why do they choose one of the busiest travel days to put theirselves out there. Aren't they retired and can fex their time to avoid such pain & suffering of agressive traffic. I figure they paid for the whole month of March at their Florida campground and refuse to give up a day or two for an earlier start. "Get my money's worth!"

Thought about changing the oil and putting away the snow blower in the shed but I just may put it off until the end of the month just in case.

Gotta put the final coat of wipe on poly on the cherry table, help with the Easter cooking, and find the time to hide for a few minutes and take a nap.

I need to turn a square bowl out of kiln dried hard maple (oh joy!) and get a few more coats of finish on a few projects. I'll also be helping the BIL with more of his Viking stuff Saturday and Sunday.

Aside from that, I'll be spending the weekend (and part of next week) getting my shop straightened out and cleaned up a bit before the Tour gets here. Can't have a messy shop when The Ambassador and his Court Jesters arrive, now can we? :p

Should be putting the stone face on the fireplace this weekend.. Finally.

I've already started putting the finish on the mantle. Made it out of 3 pieces of 8/4 maple. Man Maple is sure a 'hardwood'. It really seems to put a hurtin on the ole planer blades...

If I get that done, I'll be more than happy...

I'll be watching the progress of our valiant travelers. Other than that I hope to finish an extra set of drawers for under the workbench.

i'll also be watching the tour. Also trying to help one of my sons friends out on a computer desk he is trying to build. This is he first project he has ever done. He don't have much money to spend so i'm letting him have some of the cherry i have and a few pieces of veneer i have laying around. He is wanting to do this by him self, so not sure how it will turn out.

There have been a some household, family and work related obligations keeping me out of the shop for several weeks.

Other than Easter Sunday at my parents this weekend, my availability has opened wide up.

LOML wants to turn a pen tomorrow so we need to select the materials/kit and prep the blank.

Maybe a quick vortex project for myself will get the creative juices flowing and I can get back to the Morris Chair project. I'm on the verge of needing a garage reorganization as the remaining raw lumber for the Morris Chair project has used up my "sort space". The good news is my car can live outside now that the cold weather is gone and the dog days of summer are not yet here.

Cheers

Jim

Fixing washing machines, cooking dinner, (the wife is doing a 14 hour shift), Got a nephew and a niece visiting from Chicago so I might show them the pen manufacturing process from casting blanks to making a few pens. Singing in the choir and cantoring for Easter Vigil Mass, and going to my brothers place to eat some fine cuisine on Sunday.