Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Tables for the commission - Done

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Two Tables for the commission - Done

I have to build two tables for the church commission. I spent today milling up all of the pieces. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tables.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	44095 22 bd.ft. 4/4 and 8/4 maple. Tomarrow I'll taper the last 4 legs, do the M/T's, dry fit and glue the tops.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 04-23-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

good start don!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Sweet we get to see part of the commission in the works

Tom, I hope to have these done and started on the Ambo by the time you get here..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I hope the project goes well for you!

Nice to hear the project is rolling on Don.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

well the best laid plans of mice and men. didn't get the tops glued up or the legs tapered on the second table. I had to take my joiner knives out and sharpen em so I can edge join the pieces for the tops. Here is the smaller table dry fitted. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chairs 2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	44132 There will be a drawer in the front that why there's a missing apron piece.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 04-04-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Nice to hear the project is rolling on Don.
    Yep, I been dragging my feet. The building wont be ready till sometime in June. The seating for the congregation is scheduled for a June 15 delivery so I been trying to time thing to be done about the same time. I'll work on it pretty much full time between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    ...Here is the smaller table dry fitted. There will be a drawer in the front that why there's a missing apron piece.
    Looks like the whole table is missing. Where's the pix? No pix; never happened...
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Oppps My bad forgot to add the picture.