Would you like an angioplasty with that?

John Pollman

It's coming April 12, 2010, "The Double Down". It's a bacon & cheese sandwich with no bun. Well actually there is a bun, but it's made of CHICKEN. I wonder how many bypass surgeries will come from this latest KFC creation.

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

Nice to see that they offer a grilled version for the calorie conscious.

John

I do like some fried chicken......

I do like some bacon.....

I do like cheese....

I might have to have one someday, but I'm scared I'd like it... :rofl:

I been eyes some pigs that look like they need to go on the grill. I do have to build a pig roaster and a delux grill for home use. Got all the steel waiting in the barn. Plus I'm going to build a little wood fired stove for the smoker.........

The guys over at a BBQ forum I visit make these things called "fatties" that are sausage, bacon, and all sorts of other fun stuff, all rolled into a log and cooked in a smoker. Here are a few examples, in one of their "throwdown" contests:

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34438

BTW, entrants are judged on not only their food, but on their "game face". Thus the various photos of ugly guys shown with the food pics. :D

Theres a place in Chandler AZ and now in Orlando FLA called the Heart attack grill. they only serve burgers and fries. the burgers come in 4 sizeses. 1/2 lb, 1 lb, 1 1/2 lb and 2 lb. there called the single bypass, double bypass, tripple bypass and the quadruplate bypass ans all include cheese and bacon on every layer. The fries are fried in pure lard. The waitresses all dress up in skimpy nurses outfits.

ABT's are my favorite appetizer to make...

ABT's

Yeah, that's about the only way I like eating jalapenos. I figure the Tour gang needs some of those, huh? :D I do them a little differently than shown on the site you linked to (I use both halves of the pepper and a full strip of bacon), but it's essentially the same idea.

ABT's are my favorite appetizer to make...

ABT's

Looks like my kind of snack... I like Jalapenos on just about anything.... RedBaron makes a "Mexican" pizza that we like... by the time LOML adds her touches, doesn't look anything like what we brought home from the store, but OH ever so good....

When she makes poppers, she leaves the seeds in... makes for a hotter snack.

We grow Jalapeno's and one of the 'fun' parts of it is finding out that the heat level seems to vary a lot more than the store bout ones.

You'll eat one and go,Hey that was pretty mild. Then the next one is "Pow!" and you think your heads going to fly off!

I actually make my ABT's in a 'light' version. 1/2 Jalapeno, cream cheese, 1/2 Lil Smoky, 1/2 strip of thick bacon. That way I can have twice as many!

We grow Jalapeno's and one of the 'fun' parts of it is finding out that the heat level seems to vary a lot more than the store bout ones.

You'll eat one and go,Hey that was pretty mild. Then the next one is "Pow!" and you think your heads going to fly off!

I actually make my ABT's in a 'light' version. 1/2 Jalapeno, cream cheese, 1/2 Lil Smoky, 1/2 strip of thick bacon. That way I can have twice as many!

I read somewhere that the heat kinda depends on how much water they get... we grew some in Kingwood, TX one year in a flower bed that caught all the run off from the yard, roof, patio and anyplace else water could flow... besides the fact that we even got peppers in that much water, they were mild as a bell pepper... kinda disappointing. I've heard that if you don't water for 2 weeks before you pick, they'll have some heat.