Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it . . .

Why is it . . .

Why is it that when you order equipment, accessories and a mobile base, the equipment ALWAYS arrives first?

I ordered a Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw and a 6" riser block from Grizzly.
    I ordered a HTC 2000 Mobile base from Rockler.

The saw is currently scheduled to be the first thing to arrive . . .

In a perfect world I would assemble the mobile base, set the saw stand in the base and then set the saw on the stand and install the riser.

I need to get a good general purpose blade to start - we'll see how nice the blade included with the riser kit is.

It could be a fun week . . .

Cheers

Jim

Stealth gloat on the new saw, huh?

You will love the saw. Factory blade is so-so. Keeping mine for that chunk of wood that just might have a nail in it. Call Ellis Manufacturing for blades. Great stuff.

It is a communist plot to make you crazy.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

If it bothers you that much, I'm happy to provide my address as an alternative shipping location. Anything to help out a Family member!

Steve: Yes - calling Ellis for a variety of blades is on the radar.

Frank: I didn't want to reply as it would get political - so I'll just shut up.

Mark: No thanks - I'll put up with the irritation. I picked up my table saw on CL and didn't even use it for 6 months.

It beautiful today, so I'm out cleaning the garage in preparation of the blessed event.

Cheers

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    It is a communist plot to make you crazy.
    Frank I had to back where i came from there was a time when everything was blamed on the communists. In the army we even got told the ice cream vendor was a communist putting drugs in the ice cream. Thats when we lost it.

Jim nice stealth gloat. Dont forget Don is around and he is the picture sheriff right now.
    cheers

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Dont forget Don is around and he is the picture sheriff right now.
    I am cutting him some slack until it gets delivered...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quick Status:

The riser block arrived yesterday.

The saw arrived today. It's been unpacked and the stand is assembled.

The mobile base will arrive in 2 days.

I'm waiting for the mobile base before I assemble everything.

Stand onto mobile base.
    Saw onto stand.
    Install the riser.

Hopefully the assortment of blades from Ellis Saw arrives quickly (they said they would ship today) and we'll be good to go.

I'll take some pic's tomorrow.

PS : What's good to remove the cosmoline from the cast iron? This is the first new equipment I've bought with cosmoline on it. I have access to a Safety Kleen parts washer at LOML's work - that should work right?

I know gasoline will do it - because the manual say NOT to use it because it's dangerous to do so. That means it works great!

Cheers

Jim

I order a flush tank for you wash system and it came with out the plugs. DA ! It will not hold water with out them. What a joke.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I don't see no stinking band saw...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward