Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stu's 2010 Dungeon Tour

Stu's 2010 Dungeon Tour

OK, I finally got around to it......

>> Part 1 <<

>> Part 2 <<

>> Part 3 <<

The first tour I did was just right around 10 minutes, for this one, well, I guess I had more to show and more to say

The three videos run around 27 minutes all together.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Great tour update Stu. Thoroughly enjoyed tagging along.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Great tour Stu. You absolutely amaze me. What more can one say. I think i will be visiting this tour again and again. Way too much to take in during a single viewing. I remember your chop saw table post and boy it sure came out neat. Cant imagine why that saw aint available here. Sure would work well in my shop. I bet the marketing guys that are responsible aint woodworkers or dont have a shop of their own.

Got a lot of good ideas that i aint implemented yet. You just made the to do list even longer.

As a matter of interest what camera did you film it with. High def or ???

Thanks for taking the time and all the explanations, sure appreciate seeing how you have done things. Inspirational.
    cheers

Thanks guys!

Rob, I think that the powers that be figure the saw, at 190mm (7 1/4" ?) is too small for the US market It seems most guys have 10" or even 12" SCMS, so that little 7 1/4" saw would be a wimp and too whoosy for the US market..... right? I mean bigger is always better..... right....

I bet they would sell a lot of them, it is a really nice unit, compact and accurate, the blades are a LOT cheaper than 12" blades, cheaper to sharpen too, but I would bet it will not do the 6" tall crown molding that seems to be so popular right now

The video camera is a JVC/Victor Everio HDD GZ-MG575, I really like it. I film in the economy mode, mainly because if I don't my old Windoze machine would choke on the file size. With the new iMac, running OS 10.6.3 it now finds the .MOD file format that this camera uses, the older Mac 10.5.8 I have on the Mac Mini does not find the files and I had to get a third party converter. Time to upgrade the Mac Mini's OS to 10.6.3 (only costs $30).

Glad you enjoyed it!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Great tour Stu! You definitely have accumilated alot more stuff since the cyclone build. I could hardly see the cyclone. I recieved an e-mail from youtube today about it. It's causing me to take a long hard look at how I'm not utilizing the space in my shop to get the most out of it.

stu, I have always enjoyed your tours and this one was great.

thanks, joe

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    it now finds the .MOD file format that this camera uses, the older Mac 10.5.8 I have on the Mac Mini does not find the files and I had to get a third party converter.
    Hey Stu what program did you use in you windoz systems I cant afford ta by a Mac
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I finally had a few spare minutes to watch the tour, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for posting it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm looking forward to watching it, hopefully tomorrow! Had my hands full today..
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Great tour Stu. Real impressive
    Faith, Hope & Charity