tapered table legs

I'm trying to figure out how I can best do tapered table legs in my shop. I don't have a tablesaw, the length of taper seems to be a bit long to do as a miter on the RAS and I don't think my 7 1/4" circ saw on EZ Smart rails will go though 8/4 thickness. Another option would be to make a jig to rip on the RAS.

What I'm thinking to do is to use the EZ Smart, finish the cut by hand and clean up with some Hirsch chisels the fine folks at Lee Valley are sending to me. For that matter, I think the EZ Smart cuts will intersect each other for most (say maybe 2/3 ??) of the taper corner, so I won't need to clean up the whole thing.

I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out how I can best do tapered table legs in my shop. I don't have a tablesaw, the length of taper seems to be a bit long to do as a miter on the RAS and I don't think my 7 1/4" circ saw on EZ Smart rails will go though 8/4 thickness. Another option would be to make a jig to rip on the RAS.

What I'm thinking to do is to use the EZ Smart, finish the cut by hand and clean up with some Hirsch chisels the fine folks at Lee Valley are sending to me. For that matter, I think the EZ Smart cuts will intersect each other for most (say maybe 2/3 ??) of the taper corner, so I won't need to clean up the whole thing.

I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks!
Mark,
Do you have a band saw ?