Only about an hour hour to left to vote

I agree with Chuck. This is still the most unique forum that I've ever found in terms of governance. I have never found another one that has votes like we do.

I would like those that are registered but have not voted to consider this.

You have the luxury of participating in an entirely open unique trully democractic process. Most of the people in this world do not get to do that in their own countries.

Given you decided to sign up to the forum and then took the step of registering to vote, you have to have recieved some value from this forum.

As a member consider that whilst it is also your right to abstain, participating as you have found out is much more fun.:D

So i urge you, in fact i am pleading with you to please place your click in the relevant place and elect these new mods.

Please:):D:thumb:

I would like those that are registered but have not voted to consider this.

You have the luxury of participating in an entirely open unique trully democractic process. Most of the people in this world do not get to do that in their own countries.

Given you decided to sign up to the forum and then took the step of registering to vote, you have to have recieved some value from this forum.

As a member consider that whilst it is also your right to abstain, participating as you have found out is much more fun.:D

So i urge you, in fact i am pleading with you to please place your click in the relevant place and elect these new mods.

Please:):D:thumb:
+1:thumb:

It's up to almost 27% now. Pretty sad if you ask me. Does anyone know how this compares to the general populous in an off year election?

For off-year elections, using 2006 as an example, it looks like about 40% of the voting age public voted (source), which ends up being about 71% of the registered voters (source).

I don't have a handy way (at least that I know of) to see how many of our registered voters are also relatively active members who visit once a week or more often. That would be an interesting number.

I'd probably guess it follows a typical 80/20 rule.

There are a lot of forums I've joined in the past to get some information and then didn't really participate in. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

One of the things I like about this place is the camaraderie among the folks. There aren't thousands of posts a day, which is ok by me, as my OCD would probably make me want to read most of them.

I also know that of the active members here, I can get a good and relevant answer on a question I ask within a few responses, rather than have to wade through dozens of contradictory and contentious opinions! :eek:

Yeah, so Not a lot of votes, but the people that are voting are the people you know, you know?:thumb:

I'd probably guess it follows a typical 80/20 rule.

There are a lot of forums I've joined in the past to get some information and then didn't really participate in. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

One of the things I like about this place is the camaraderie among the folks. There aren't thousands of posts a day, which is ok by me, as my OCD would probably make me want to read most of them.

I also know that of the active members here, I can get a good and relevant answer on a question I ask within a few responses, rather than have to wade through dozens of contradictory and contentious opinions! :eek:

Yeah, so Not a lot of votes, but the people that are voting are the people you know, you know?:thumb:

You summed it up very well Brent. :thumb::thumb::thumb: