Big Pic Warning - Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge

I need to go west and see that!

The best I've seen so far was driving around in California near Muir woods. I wasn't a hobbyist woodworker back then, so I didn't go see the trees.

We were driving on a winding road towards the ocean when we came over a rise or around a bend in the road and there was the pacific ocean coast in a panoramic view. Beautiful... It would have been a great video sequence if we shot it standing up in a Jeep or something with a video camera as we came around the bend. Probably wouldn't represent it well enough.

This was in 1995 so we didn't have a video camera or a 52 Giga pixel digital camera with us.

Cheers

Jim

I grew up in Iowa. So everytime I see the ocean, all I can do is stand there and say "WoW! That's a lot of water!". Pretty much over and over.

We used to go up and stay on the beach in Mendocino every februrary, but the last couple of years have been a little packed with activities. Need to seriously get out there again.

Heres a little pic of me trying to get my truck and camper stuck on Pismo beach...

pismo.jpg

Very amazing structure. I think it was prettier and more dramatic with the suspension cables still up. I would drive across it. But, just looking at those pics of guys working on it made me woozy.