watching craigslist finally paid off

allen levine

before I rip out all the cabinets in my garage, I wanted to secure a rolling tool chest, or two.
I have alot of my tools in the plywood rolling cabs, but want to switch that over to hold supplies, like sandpaper, blades, etc.
Last night around 10:30 I saw an ad for rolling tool chest that was in my price range.(I dont want to spend 600 bucks)
I emailed the guy, told him he can call me up to midnight or in the morning, and boom, 5 minutes later he called. We met today after he finished work, and I followed him to his home and I got it.
Craftsman, everything works fine, Im happy.I took all the lock bars off, dont need them.(he had the box on top of the pile, seperate, I gave him 20 bucks for it, figured Id give it to my son)

my ellis bandsaw blades came, Ill try slicing up some ribboned(?) mahogany for drawer fronts soon.

Attachments

• bed 105 (Medium).jpg
    bed 105 (Medium).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Very sweet! I love mine, but I'm afraid I've got a mix of wood working and auto tools in mine. One of these days I need to make a seperate rolling cab just for the wood working tools...

Brent you know what happens when you put wood with auto tools.:doh:
Saw dust in your grease:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
See right there in the pic there might even be some oil in that saw dust.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Nice score Allen:thumb:

Attachments

• tn_mug19 016.JPG
    tn_mug19 016.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
You know, I think you may have gotten some sawdust in the oil as well!

It's 2, 2, 2 treats in one! :rofl:

I have found if you put enough saw dust in your oil it wont leak out.:thumb:

Chuck thats what the boys would do back in SA when they had to get an old vehicle through what we called the "roadworthy test" If it even so much as dripped a drop of oil from the drain plug it would fail so sawdust in the sump for the test.

Allen nice score but you never mentioned what you got them for. :D

any tool, maybe bits, supplies, that is in the current wood cab drawers,or in the back cabinets, that are getting ripped down. I have a few drawers filled with hand tools, want to sort them all out, so when I need one type of something, I dont have to spend 20 minutes looking all over the place where it is. and then I can roll them out of the work area if Im need the space.