Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G0555 Bandsaw Table Question

G0555 Bandsaw Table Question

Hello All:

I took delivery of my new G0555 Bandsaw this week and have assembled it. The table is square with the circle cutout in the middle and a slot cut "across" the table for blade changes.

The table isn't perfectly flat (it has a slight crown in the middle) and the 2 sides separated by the slot are not even. The rear "half" is slightly higher than the front, so a piece of wood "catches" as it hits the back lip. This doesn't seem normal to me. I do have the round metal pin in place that is intended to support the ends of the slot.

Is this just a bad casting or is this a familiar thing with other G0555 Owners. I have not reached out to Grizzly (will do so on Monday) but just checking in with the mind trust here on FWW.

I took the fence off the table and removed the table from the saw, but it's still "tweaked" that little bit.

Other than this minor issue, I'm thrilled with the saw. . .

Cheers

Jim

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Jim,
    While I don't own a grizz, I do own a band saw and the table needs to be perfectly flat, I am sure that the good folks at Grizz will need to send you a new one.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Yeah, what Don said.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Jim I agree with Jim and Don they gotta replace that table. I think you will find Grizzly very co operative. Their customer service is great. Even in Canada.
    cheers

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be cheking in with Grizzly tomorrow.

Cheers

Jim

G0555 table

I've had my G0555 for about 5 years now and the table is very flat. Just this weekend I have had my first problem with it. I need to change the blade bearings. I believe that you will have good luck with Grizzly and will love the bandsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mattheiss View Post
    ..... I do have the round metal pin in place that is intended to support the ends of the slot.
    Do you have it installed? It may very well solve at least part of the problem. it helps to hold the two sides in alignment.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Grizzly will take care of that not flat table. Even their catalog shows their milling equipment to flatten tables that come from the factory less than perfect. They acknowledge 'stuff' happens.
    As for the miter hitting the 'back' or rip fence holder/gauge, that is a major gripe all of us G0555 owners have. Why Griz does not redesign the unit to lower that just 3/16" is a puzzlement. I have learned to live with it, but, like having a nagging wife, not happily.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Horton View Post
    Do you have it installed? It may very well solve at least part of the problem. it helps to hold the two sides in alignment.
    Jeff:

Yes I have the pin installed but the table "legs" are still not meeting properly.

Cheers

Jim

Jim, just call Grizzly. They will make it right.