more boxes

as not many people want to post lately.:dunno: I figured i'd post some more of them boxes i seem to like to build.:D the first is don't no wood with walnut base. the next is spalted gum with cherry final and base. the last is the table next to the front door with way to many boxes on it.:rofl::rofl: need to start giving more away so i can make more.:eek::rofl:
Steve

Attachments

• 007 [800x600].JPG
    007 [800x600].JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 004 [800x600].JPG
    004 [800x600].JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 006 [800x600].JPG
    006 [800x600].JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 45
I think you need a larger display table. All the pieces look great.:thumb:
thanks mohammad. you may be right, as i have more scattered around the house.

Awesome boxes. the first one must have presented some challenges.:eek::thumb:
thanks Don. yea it was a little bit of a challange. it was gonna have a final, but the top didn't want to do right.:(

Stephen, You've definitely got the knack knailed on those 'boxes'...

Not what I was expecting from the title, but amazing. I have to learn how to turn a finial one of these days!

Stephen, You've definitely got the knack knailed on those 'boxes'...

Not what I was expecting from the title, but amazing. I have to learn how to turn a finial one of these days!
Thanks Brent. don't no why i like them but they just seem like that's all i want to turn. i do have something floating around in my head, that i can't seem to get out of there.When ever i learn how to turn a sphere i'll get it done. if i do i'll be showing it here.

A hollow sphere? A hollow sphere box? Now that would be cool.

I met a man once who was able to create perfect spheres out of stone. He had a neat shop. All of his tools were pretty much home made and used diamond abrasives. He made some spheres as large as probably 24" in diameter? Maybe bigger. He would let his polishing machines run for weeks on orbs like that...

A hollow sphere? A hollow sphere box? Now that would be cool.

I met a man once who was able to create perfect spheres out of stone. He had a neat shop. All of his tools were pretty much home made and used diamond abrasives. He made some spheres as large as probably 24" in diameter? Maybe bigger. He would let his polishing machines run for weeks on orbs like that...

It will be a hollow sphere. floating in air, with one side in total chaos, and the other in perfect harmony. it will also have a dove hand carved sitting on top and when you turn it to the chaos side the dove will turn into a raven. if that makes sence.;)

It will be a hollow sphere. floating in air, with one side in total chaos, and the other in perfect harmony. it will also have a dove hand carved sitting on top and when you turn it to the chaos side the dove will turn into a raven. if that makes sence.;)

Nope. Makes no sense at all... But it sounds completely awesome! You Sir, are obviously an Artist! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: