What's this?

ken werner

I know I've seen one of these before, but can't remember where or what it's for. I have some vague recollection that it was used by patternmakers. Any answers appreciated, especially if they are correct. TIA.

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

I don't know but,....my wife wants me to reupholster the dining room chairs. I think that would work great in pulling out the 3 billion staples holding that are holding fabric to the wood :thumb:

Bob, the tip is too thick to pull staples. Tod, it has no teeth. Somebody suggested that is could be a babbet bearing scraper. I think that's probably what it is. Wait and see if Jr. signs in on it...

Could it be a tool for working on sand castings?

It looks like it has no sharp edges, but for smoothing sand castings, I would think it would be of use :dunno:

Neat just the same! :D

When you pour the babbit bearings, sometimes they are a little tight, so you blue them, find the high spots and scrape them off. :D
we called that stuuf Diachem blue on the submarine, it very useful for telling you where you need to take off a little more and show high spots, wish it would work on wood..:rolleyes: I guess it would if your wanted a blue table.