Floating eggs

I had done these hollow forms and didn't know quite what to put in them as with the huge voids they needed something. In the end I have made eggs and put them on little pedestals inside so that they look as though they are floating. The smaller one (6" x 5") has a little sycamore egg in natural wood and the larger one (8" x 6") has a golden egg.

I see where you are going with it Pete, but I agree that the wood egg is out of place there. What might look cool would be a thunder egg cut in half. Kind of the merging of two mediums. A nice focused light would bring out a stunning effect. Just a thought.

The skill and effort put into these pieces is apparent, but for some reason they don't send me the way most of your other work does, Pete. I think Drew might be onto something. The roughness of the geode would somewhat mirror the natural openings in the vessel, and the black backdrop would enhance it (in my opinion).

Another vote for the geode... like Vaughn, the turnings themselves standing alone are spectacular... I think the egg kinda detracts from the level of work put into the hollow forms.... another thought might be a diarama of some sort.... I've seen pottery that's been opened with a southwest diarama inserted... like a pueblo or a desert scene... don't think there are many pueblos or deserts in the UK though... might be out of place... maybe something from UK folklore or history... how about a dragon?