VanDykes Restorers

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. Just got a catalog in the mail from these guys today. The format of it seemed to remind me of another catalog I look at frequently. Then I noticed on the front it said 'A Cabelas Company'...

Very interesting...

I could waste a lot of time lookign through this catalog. Lots of interesting little bits and hardward and stuff...

Oh yeah, No affiliation or anything, just thought it was an interesting looking source for hardward and found it interesting it was owned by Cabelas...

We all waste a lot of time looking through those catalogs. Actually, it is not really a waste. There will come a time, or times when you need an out of the ordinary item and a little light will go off in the dark recesses of your mind that says "I saw one of those in Van Dykes catalog". :D

I've ordered from VDs in the past, but the prices have risen since then..to the point that I don't anymore.. but they have some cool stuff....and I did see Cabelas name on there somewhere, maybe that explains the cost increases, because Cabelas' is HIGH,HIGH,HIGH IMHO...

I've ordered from VDs in the past, but the prices have risen since then..to the point that I don't anymore.. but they have some cool stuff....and I did see Cabelas name on there somewhere, maybe that explains the cost increases, because Cabelas' is HIGH,HIGH,HIGH IMHO...

Oddly, even though we have a (sorta) local Bass Pro Shops (the original big-big store) up the street from Grizzly, I do my sporting goods shopping from Cabela's on-line. I find the prices much better and like their selection and service.

What I find kinda odd is that you never ordered anything from Van Dyke's. Sounds like you did not even know they existed. Yet you got a catalog.:thumb:
Surprise Cabelas sold your mailing address. This time to one of there subsidiaries but who knows about next time.:dunno::dunno:

I'd heard of Van Dykes, but never ordered anything from them.

Let's just say, I'm one of Cabela's "Special" Customers, meaning the brown truck probably stops by my house a little too often.

Could be any one of a number of the magazines I subscribe to that also sold off my name, so doesn't really surprise me to get catalogs unsolicited in the mail...

Well Brent I have never ordered anything from Cabelas . Don't even recall looking at anything on line from them. I have ordered from Van Dyke's
Surprise surprise I got a Cabelas cat in the mail also got the new Van Dyke"s:thumb: