Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Sorry. This did not work out as I had hoped.
    Last edited by David Freed; 04-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.

David, what are the specifics? To what thread are you referring? What rules were broken? We've had arguments and differences of opinions on this forum since the beginning and I'm not in the mood to hunt down whatever thread you're talking about. In most cases the disputes we've had here have been settled by the group of elected Mods, and believe it or not, sometimes the biggest debates on the forum go on among the Mods when it comes to interpreting the rules. Anytime you have a crowd of people, there will be some who agree and some who disagree. The membership and staff here are no different.

If you've come here seeking real information, then offer up some specifics. If you've just come here to rant and offer generalities, then cool, you've done just that.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

It boggles my mind as to why anyone would dredge up something after so long. Ridiculous.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Isn't it great that there are so many places to visit on the web, that you only have to go where you want to? Its better than the radio, if you don't like what's on the radio, you change the channel until you run out of channels. On the web you'd have to run out of a lot of channels to not find anywhere to land.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    If you've come here seeking real information, then offer up some specifics. If you've just come here to rant and offer generalities, then cool, you've done just that.
    I remember the thread in question... and I thought it curious as well. But I'll also say that if I were on the moderation team, I would've suggested locking/moving/deleting this here thread with no responses. That's a proven tactic to quash trouble.

David it is very sad that you feel a single member here has the kind of power you suggest. You really need to read the CoC and then participate in the woodworking part of the forum and you will realize over time that no single person runs this show. Hard to believe but very true unless you wish to believe in conspiracy theories but then we could really get wild with stories like there are a bunch of guys from the forum that are actually at home but trying to tell us they are on a tour right now.

We just had moderator elections in case you dont know. Did you bother to put yourself up for nomination? Did you vote? If you had you might have been elected a mod. Then you would find out that Stuart dont have any special powers as you suggest.

I think the branch you hanging from is so thin that the ground will soon be approaching best get out the tree.

All the best if you move on, and i am happy if you stay. But a cheery positive outlook is a way better way to get on in life.

Let bygones be bygones before you clutter your life with biterness.
    cheers

Folks,

I also do not really want to dredge up and rehash an old issue.

Instead, I would like to take this opportunity to ask all of the members who read this to think about a few aspects of our forum...

First, our rules state that the moderators need to discuss a situation before taking action. This takes time, and the members here need to remember that and give the mods the time they need to make the decision.

Second, we have members from all over the world, in many timezones. We all have different lives, jobs, and different work/personal schedules that affect when we are on the forum. This also applies to the mods, which again means it can take time for things to get done.

...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    It boggles my mind as to why anyone would dredge up something after so long. Ridiculous.
    Happens every day Bob.... every time there is an issue that is not resolved... or when people would like to know how it was resolved
    Happens every (real world) election.... think about it
    it's not really so mind boggling after all

Hi David... hows things down there in Ogdon, Indiana?
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

sorry you sound mad david...
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

I guess there is some good in not being able to remember anything. I’m forgetful, fat, dumb and happy.