Corian vac adapter advice needed

Chuck Beland

need some advice.

the bearing I bought has a diameter of 1.123"

I was drilling for the bearing on my corian adapter drilled a hole using a spade bit the speed was 250rpm & I used a 1-1/8" spade bits the 1" was to tight & the 1-1/8" was about 1/32" to loose.

1. Will med CA glue take up the looseness?

2. How about a small amount of epoxy just around the edge?

3. I'm worried about either the CA or Epoxy breaking down & losing vacuum & the turning turn into a missile.

4.if either the CA or epoxy will not work. I'm thinking of turning a recess & installing a large O-ring to help hold the bearing.

I'm making this one for a good friend & want it to be safe to use, so I can't afford to screw this one up.

here is my adapter it fits nice & snug just twist it on & it should work nicely.

Click pics for full size

Last edited:
I made my bearing recess a little bigger than the bearing and used some RTV sealer to glue it in. Just because that's what I had on hand. It's fairly flexible and seems to work fine. Be sure to clean the outer bearing race to get any oil off 1st. Also make sure the inner bearing race does not contact the Corian or it will not spin totally freely.

Hope you get it to work OK.

Corian Adapter

Chuck,
Mine wasn't that tight.it was like almost the same O.D. size of the bearing. I used 5 min. epoxy around the bearing and also on the surface of the face where it sits flush with the Corian. Does not leak and have no problems. Have been using mine extensively since I made it.

John,
I would be to worried that the epoxy would spread & contact the inner race & stop it from moving? Did you have more side to side slop then 1/32"

Corian Adapter

Could have been 1/32", but the epoxy was applied as it was getting tacky. did not put a lot. Just enough on it, to slip in. As it slips in ,the extra is pushed towards the outside, was careful to remove excess from inner race. Use some excess and smoothed it on the outer race and corian surface. Mixed a little bit more to guarantee I plug any leaks between the race and corian.