kickin' self

Frank Fusco

Yesterday, my town had a TEA party (no, I'm not going politikal, as much as i would like to. :rolleyes: ), the crowd was over 3,000. This may have been the largest single gathering of folks ever in one place in the history of our town and county. Amazing. The people were spread out over a large area at the fairgrounds. With colorful shirts, flags and signs it was a pretty incredible sight.
Why I'm kickin' self..... I brought my old camera, the Sony. Left the new fancy-dancy Olympus at home. Why? Good question. It has so many features, I'm still learning how to use the thing. It is a technological wonder, no doubt. But requires a huge learning curve, or a smart Cub Scout, to operate.
It has a panoramic feature. Just set to that and move in an arc to take the panorama. It automatically adjusts for hand wiggle and 'stitches' the scene together to make a seamless panoramic shot. This event was made for such a use. But my new gizzy was setting at home on the desk. No dramatic pano picture. And maybe never again such an opportunity. History lost. :(

Oh come on Frank think positive, you still had a camera and I am sure that you did get some wonderful pictures ( that need to be posted as you know the speel) and you have the memory ( for now anyways :rofl:) of being at the event.

Just think Frank if you had brought the new camera and had difficulties with it and lost lots of good shots because of the lack of knowledge of how to use it you would be kicking yourself for not bringing the old reliable Sony that you know all so well.

Oh come on Frank think positive, you still had a camera and I am sure that you did get some wonderful pictures ( that need to be posted as you know the speel) and you have the memory ( for now anyways :rofl:) of being at the event.

Just think Frank if you had brought the new camera and had difficulties with it and lost lots of good shots because of the lack of knowledge of how to use it you would be kicking yourself for not bringing the old reliable Sony that you know all so well.

If I had thought ahead, I could have read the section on panoramics before going.
Don't believe I should post the pics. They are loaded with stuff political, signs, my shirt, etc. I wuz thar. Believe or don't believe. ;)

...But my new gizzy was setting at home on the desk...

I had to read that line three or four times before I realized you weren't talking about a Grizzly camera. :huh: I was thinking "Man, ol' Frank's finally lost it...he's been using Griz Green for so long he thinks his camera came from there, too." :rofl:

Sorry you missed the shots. You were a smart Cub Scout at one time, so I'm sure you can learn to use this new camera. ;)