Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tis Friday

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Tis Friday

So, Got any plans. I'll be back to the routine. Race on Sunday from Texas.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

DSM, IA
    Yard work.

1st year softball for my daughter Sat. morning...using a large wiffle bat and small dodge ball on a tee, only half hour game.

More yard work, then more yard work. If I'm still able to walk some time at the lathe and then more yard work on Sunday!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

North West Indiana
    Cold, wet, windy this weekend, sounds like SHOP TIME to me!! I am running the conduit for the wiring between doing other odd jobs in the shop.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Been building a wood storage rack in the basement this week. Will load it up this weekend and rearrange the shop.
    Probably pick up the mahogany I found at the discount place.
    Woke up to snow this morning At least it's hiding all the sticks, branches and leaves that I haven't picked up yet
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Not sure. I need to purchase supplies for my next projects, and the tool account is too low for any of them. The cheap casters on my out feed table didn't hold up, so I need to find replacements. The threaded shaft on 2 have bent causing the top to drop about 1" at the TS end. I can't find heavy duty casters that will fit height wise (3 1/8" max height), so I'll need to design something else to work. I need some MDF and laminate to build a new extension table for the saw. I need some ply for the cabinet under the extension table.
    So, I need to see what else I can do. Maybe clean out the finishing room and make it where I can walk through it. OH!! and I have some sprinkler pump work to do with the input line from the creek. Doubt that that is the problem, but I'll start with the easy stuff first. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Constantine, MI
    Should be sunny and near 80 this weekend. Have some yard work to do (mowing, weeding, etc.) and have to clear everything along the fence in the backyard for the fence installers coming in on Monday. I also have some work to do on my sprinkler system. 4 of the 5 valves are shot and I have no in line filter or main shut off - so I'll be remedying that this coming week as well.
    Attachment 44717Attachment 44718
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Southeast Pa
    Well I have put the upper intake on my 94 F150 302 twice already today. Had to remove it to install a new EGR tube to pass inspection. Guessed the wrong angle for the tube and had to take everything apart again. The tube was basically too short bu by using a crow bar I finally got it to stretch enough to get the valve bolts back in. Got too hot and quit as we are supposed to have a storm working in and a cold front. Couldn't tell by today, I think I sunburned my head working on the pickup. Started Job in March and then went to Ohio for 11 days. Hope when I get it all back I don't find I have damaged something else, I already know some of the old brittle vacuum lines broke and have been repaired with washer hose,

When I get this done I still have to replace all body mounts and the core support. Sure do love these PA inspections.....

And I still have the OAK to build a cross for the church building.....

Then there is the power steering I have started collecting parts for on my B7100 Kubota.....

The drawer that won't stay shut on our motor home....

Sure am glad I don't have a real job....

Kansas City, Missouri
    Saturday I'm organizing the garage, looking for AC leak on the Tahoe, going to the shooting range. Sunday dinner with the kids and my parents.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Put up signs for my candidate of choice for U.S. Senate.
    Tonight help set up tables for my party's Lincoln Day Dinner tomorrow.
    Tomorrow put up more signs then the dinner in the evening. I'll be handing out literature, bumper stickers and shaking plenty of hands, then we eat and listen to speeches.
    Sunday I'll finish a small wood turning project related to my new camera. Pics later on that.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Model T Poker run....