Tis Friday

Yard work.

1st year softball for my daughter Sat. morning...using a large wiffle bat and small dodge ball on a tee, only half hour game.

More yard work, then more yard work. If I'm still able to walk some time at the lathe and then more yard work on Sunday! :doh:

Been building a wood storage rack in the basement this week. Will load it up this weekend and rearrange the shop.
Probably pick up the mahogany I found at the discount place.
Woke up to snow this morning :eek: At least it's hiding all the sticks, branches and leaves that I haven't picked up yet :rofl:

Not sure. I need to purchase supplies for my next projects, and the tool account is too low for any of them. :( The cheap casters on my out feed table didn't hold up, so I need to find replacements. The threaded shaft on 2 have bent causing the top to drop about 1" at the TS end. I can't find heavy duty casters that will fit height wise (3 1/8" max height), so I'll need to design something else to work. I need some MDF and laminate to build a new extension table for the saw. I need some ply for the cabinet under the extension table.
So, I need to see what else I can do. Maybe clean out the finishing room and make it where I can walk through it. :huh: :rolleyes: OH!! and I have some sprinkler pump work to do with the input line from the creek. Doubt that that is the problem, but I'll start with the easy stuff first. Jim.

Should be sunny and near 80 this weekend. Have some yard work to do (mowing, weeding, etc.) and have to clear everything along the fence in the backyard for the fence installers coming in on Monday. I also have some work to do on my sprinkler system. 4 of the 5 valves are shot and I have no in line filter or main shut off - so I'll be remedying that this coming week as well.
DSC_0019_renamed_18456.jpgDSC_0018 (519 x 780).jpg

Well I have put the upper intake on my 94 F150 302 twice already today. Had to remove it to install a new EGR tube to pass inspection. Guessed the wrong angle for the tube and had to take everything apart again. The tube was basically too short bu by using a crow bar I finally got it to stretch enough to get the valve bolts back in. Got too hot and quit as we are supposed to have a storm working in and a cold front. Couldn't tell by today, I think I sunburned my head working on the pickup. Started Job in March and then went to Ohio for 11 days. Hope when I get it all back I don't find I have damaged something else, I already know some of the old brittle vacuum lines broke and have been repaired with washer hose,

When I get this done I still have to replace all body mounts and the core support. Sure do love these PA inspections.....

And I still have the OAK to build a cross for the church building.....

Then there is the power steering I have started collecting parts for on my B7100 Kubota.....

The drawer that won't stay shut on our motor home....

Sure am glad I don't have a real job....

Put up signs for my candidate of choice for U.S. Senate.
Tonight help set up tables for my party's Lincoln Day Dinner tomorrow.
Tomorrow put up more signs then the dinner in the evening. I'll be handing out literature, bumper stickers and shaking plenty of hands, then we eat and listen to speeches.
Sunday I'll finish a small wood turning project related to my new camera. Pics later on that.

Cold and rainy here - shop time.

Spent this evening getting started on a shop built tenoning jig. Will post the photo's when done - hopefully tomorrow. If it's a success it will help me get the Morris Chair project back in motion (it's been on a 4 or 5 week hiatus).

Might help LOML and my son turn acrylic slimline pens sometime this weekend.

I want to turn a second pen from the spalted maple blanks Jim Delaney so kindly shared with the FWW family recently.

I'm 1 for 3 using these blanks.

#1 cracked/exploded as I was trimming the end's of the blank down to the brass tube.
#2 was a keeper. Pic's below (to keep the picture police at bay)
#3 was a cosmetic failure. The was some spalt/rot that crumbled while turning. I filled it with CA and continued. It was smooth enough but just a brown stripe - no character/beauty.

It's a good thing I have a bunch of extra pen tubes . . .

PS: I need to work on my picture taking - these don't do the wood justice.

Cheers

Jim

Attachments

• DSCF5455 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF5455 (Medium).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF5456 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF5456 (Medium).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6
my weekend

Well, folks, this is it. The really BIG weekend for me.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will become an ordained Lutheran pastor. On Sunday I will be installed as the pastor of Peace Lutheran Church in Holbrook, AZ.

It is not the retirement I had envisioned, but then God sees things differently!

I will still have time for woodworking and I can honestly say I have never been happier in my life.

I hope you all have half the grand time I will have this weekend.

Fixing burnt spark cables. :rofl:

Going to a church convention on Saturday. Hoping to get a stove welded up. Maybe spend some time in the shop straitening up. and............................................trying to catch my breath.

The LOML has been in Houston for the past 5 weeks bonding and babysitting the newborn twin granddaughters. She returns home tomorrow.

I think I'll meet at the airport with a sign with her name on it. I'm not sure I'll recognize her.:huh::rolleyes:

The next morning...they were washed, rinsed, dried and placed back in the box for my next beer run.

BTW......I gave Larry a hard time about drinking beer.....well here's the truth.....there was 5 of us....each with a glass and we shared 4 bottles of beer. I guess you'd say we are lightweights!

there was 5 of us....each with a glass and we shared 4 bottles of beer. I guess you'd say we are lightweights!

yea they were light wieghts here too.
attachment.php
..:D

Last edited: