Thread: Yesterdays project

Yesterdays project

Well I had been wanting to do this for some time and yesterday was the day. It started with cleaning up the shop and resulted in building this aquarium stand for our 30 gal tank. 2x4 framing wrapped in 3/4 oak ply and trimmed out in 1/2 and 3/8 inch cherry. Door is 3/4 cherry with a 1/8 oak door skin. Nothing fancy but just had to use up scaps from around the shop to make it. Watco danish oil, natural for a finish with some extra door harware that I had from a few projects ago. I was going to do a top cover for it but have been re thinking it as with the back filter it would be too much of a chore accessing it for service.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Yea I forgot the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aquaruim stand 014.JPG   Aquaruim stand 015.JPG   Aquaruim stand 016.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Sturdy. Functional. Good looking. Who could ask for more?
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Great job Drew, certain looks sturdy enough and it does look nice too!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Wow You did all that in one day? Great project looks neat the draw to keep things in makes a lot of sense.
    cheers

Thanks for the complements. I am always too critical of the things that I build. I would have taken pics through the build but it happened so fast I just get on a roll while building things that I never think to stop and take pics till after it is all done. Yea I started and when it was done I was shocked at what time that it was. I actually had time to move the tank and set it all back up again move the furniture around, steam clean the carpets under the old location and have time to watch a movie with the wife and catch the tail end of the news. When on a roll just stay out of my way. Today I might look at cleaning the shop up as it got side lined yesterday.

Drew
    Nice job!