Yesterdays project

Drew Watson

Well I had been wanting to do this for some time and yesterday was the day. It started with cleaning up the shop and resulted in building this aquarium stand for our 30 gal tank. 2x4 framing wrapped in 3/4 oak ply and trimmed out in 1/2 and 3/8 inch cherry. Door is 3/4 cherry with a 1/8 oak door skin. Nothing fancy but just had to use up scaps from around the shop to make it. Watco danish oil, natural for a finish with some extra door harware that I had from a few projects ago. I was going to do a top cover for it but have been re thinking it as with the back filter it would be too much of a chore accessing it for service.

Thanks for the complements. I am always too critical of the things that I build. I would have taken pics through the build but it happened so fast I just get on a roll while building things that I never think to stop and take pics till after it is all done. Yea I started and when it was done I was shocked at what time that it was. I actually had time to move the tank and set it all back up again move the furniture around, steam clean the carpets under the old location and have time to watch a movie with the wife and catch the tail end of the news. :eek: When on a roll just stay out of my way. :D Today I might look at cleaning the shop up as it got side lined yesterday.