Anyone have a Wallstreet II "click" pen kit?

Tom Baugues

Does anyone here have a Wall street II click pen kit? I need to know what the tube length is. I have two click kits here but they have two different length tubes in them. I'm thinking that the twist version might use the shorter tube and the click version the longer??? I have a 2 1/4 and 2 7/16 tube. I'm not sure which is right. I cant seem to find the tube size online yet.

Tom

Ok I found my answer. Chuck thanks for looking but I have the "Click" style Wallstreet II and I found out that it does take a longer tube than the twist pen.

Thanks,
Tom

Every click I have found says 2 3/8" blank. Woodcraft Product #148461, 148462, 149178, 149243, 150307, 150309,
The letter opener is the only thing so far I have seen with a 2 7/16" blank.
Woodcraft Product #150549, 150550

Chuck, my kit is #148462. The actual tube length is suppose to be 2.42.

Tom

Where did ya get that Tom?
Some one should tell Woodcraft the instructions for this kit are wrong.
copied right from the instructions for a 148462 1. Cutting Blanks
Cut one blank 3/4" x 3/4" x 23/8" long
As we all know 2 3/8" is quite a bit shorter than 2.42":thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I know I would say bad words when I couldn't get the pen together or to work because the instructions have you cut it short.:thumb::doh:

I might be nuts, but I never measure the blank by the instructions. Instead I measure by the tube that came in the kit. I normally give it 1/16 or so just to give me some room to square it with the tube. Seems to work though.

I might be nuts, but I never measure the blank by the instructions. Instead I measure by the tube that came in the kit. I normally give it 1/16 or so just to give me some room to square it with the tube. Seems to work though.

Your not nuts more than one set of instructions tell you to cut the blank X longer than the tube. Some tell you to cut the blank X shorter than the tube. But I have found that it's good to know how long the tube is supposed to be before you go cutting the blank wrong.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It really shows up if you do pens from a lot of different companies. If one does pens from only Woodcraft and gets in the habit of how Woodcraft does things. You can end up needing parts if you don't read the instructions for that PSI or Rockler pen.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Chuck you are absolutely correct about the instructions being wrong. I have always just cut my blanks according to the tube size but if someone wanted to just cut up a bunch of blanks for this pen kit and only used the instructions to go by then all of those blanks would be too short. The instructions are correct for the twist version but not the click version.

Tom

Well I jumped right on sending an email out to Woodcraft.
I sent this
Hello,
It has been brought to my attention that the instructions for the wallstreet II click pen have a mis print that will lead users to cut there blank to short and even trim the tube that comes with the pen.
Copyed from the instructions on the woodcraft site
1. Cutting Blanks
Cut one blank 3/4" x 3/4" x 23/8" long
I have been informed that the tube comes 2 7/16" long and is to be used at that length.
As you can see a 23/8" blank will be to short for the pen tube of 2 7/16" by one 1/16"
Could you check that my info is correct and if so could you please correct the instructions.
Thank You Chuck Thoits

And got this back today
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes you are correct. The actual tube length is 2.42", the blank should be 2-1/2" this will allow to mill the ends of the blank square. I will pass along the info to have this corrected.
:thumb::thumb::thumb: