Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate Thieves

I hate Thieves

Last fall the motor on my pool pump was getting really hot and then started to squeal loudly, so we shut down the pool and closed for the winter. I had set the pump & motor by the garage door as I planned to take it to the elec. motor shop to have new bearings installed. Never got around to it. Moved it out of the way all winter long. Today I decided to take the motor to the shop. Where is it? No not there, For the past couple years, If you leave it outside at night, It gets gone... Several times if we leave the cars unlocked next day the ashtrays are empty of change and everything is gone through... (The security light only seems to make it easier for them to see what they are doing)

So, today I had to buy a whole new outfit. I did some research and it seems that the pump I had was designed for an above ground pool (mine is inground) and did not flow enough water so I did some more research and found a savings on Amazon.

At the pool place $500+ tax and with tax and shipping $375 on Amazon, be here Thursday. Same model and brand... (I need that US Census job to pay for my toys)

Sorry to hear the news Bill. I firmly believe in Karma. Everything happens for a reason, Think the repair bill on the old pump may cost them more than you paid for the replacement and you get a warranty.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I agree, thieves, dastardly demons!! So far, big dogs have been a good prevention for me. Sorry to hear of the theft, congrats on the amazon score! Scrap is going up, so more will be gone. Around here they steal the electrical wiring off of the pivot irrigations for the copper. If they would only work half as hard at a real job,,,,,,. Guess it isn't in their DNA.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Without knowing what your deductible is, if you have replacement insurance on your home, you might be able to get an even better discount through the insurance company.
    Like you though, I hate to have to replace things because some low life doesn't want to work and takes other peoples stuff.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Bill + 1 on the hating thieves. Glad you were able to make a good score. But it aint money you had planned to have to spend. Makes one mad I can relate to your story which is why i moved countries.

Just think of what tools that money could have bought.

My neigbor across the road and i have been thinking of putting in a CCTV camera setup as a deterent and means to catch any driveway criminals. They are pretty cheap nowadays and can be hooked up to DVRs pretty easy. I need ones that have audio too cause if NN gets out of hand again verbally i want to catch the whole shebang.(LOL)
    Last edited by Rob Keeble; 04-20-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    cheers

Yeah I had the NN dope pushing kids steel my Central AC unit and a new planted tree last year. I knew who did it just couldn't prove it. Cameras are gone to be in the budget soon I hope.

Cant wait for karma to kick in, it is coming.

Jay
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Had a friend who thought the CCTV thing was just what the doctor ordered after a series of thefts from his property over a 5 month period. Give you one guess what the next thing stolen from his property was.

don't tell me that they stole his house [ no pun intended ]

Just backed up to it, hooked up and drove off HUH
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'm with you, Bill. I hate thieves. Hopefully your perps will get their due soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Caughron View Post
    Just backed up to it, hooked up and drove off HUH
    Years ago there was a new bank in Albuquerque that was using a portable building (mobile office on wheels) while their brick and mortar building was under construction. My friends and I used to joke about hitching it up and towing it away in the middle of the night...a REAL bank robbery.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com