Thread: Ridgid Drill going into the trash

Ridgid Drill going into the trash

I finally got fed up with my Ridgid 18v drill I bought this past summer. From the time I bought it it's been a pain. First the brushes sparked like crazy and learned that had to run it full speed for a while to get it broke in (can't they do this at the factory in China?), then one of the batteries wasn't charging correctly, found a bent pin, and for the past month or so the trigger is cutting out. Anyway, I picked up a new Dewalt tonight, no sparks, and runs great.

I'll probably send the Ridgid in for service since it's a life-time warranty, but they said it would take at least two weeks before I saw it again.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    I finally got fed up with my Ridgid 18v drill I bought this past summer. From the time I bought it it's been a pain. First the brushes sparked like crazy and learned that had to run it full speed for a while to get it broke in (can't they do this at the factory in China?), then one of the batteries wasn't charging correctly, found a bent pin, and for the past month or so the trigger is cutting out. Anyway, I picked up a new Dewalt tonight, no sparks, and runs great.

I'll probably send the Ridgid in for service since it's a life-time warranty, but they said it would take at least two weeks before I saw it again.
    Do what your title says and don't look back.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Save the Ridgid for camping. A battery-powered spark-maker could prove to be handy.

I love my Ridgid tablesaw, but I've had mixed luck with their 6" random orbital sanders. I bought my first one after they stopped their alliance with Metabo (so I have the Chinese knockoff), and have had two in a row that died within 60 days of purchase. My current one has been running OK for a couple of years, so hopefully it'll stick around for a while.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com