I'll Introduce Myself

Mike Jory

I just joined this forum a few days ago. I like the name of this forum and the Welcome Message I received from Vaughan McMillan.
After reading through dozens of posts and recognizing many contributors, it felt like walking into the local hardware store where I grew up. Outside the store, along the wood sidewalk, there were a couple hitching posts left. Inside, there were dusty wood floors with rounded over boards and wide gaps that taught me to be careful with the change in my pocket.

The wealth of information and experience I found there was priceless. Now that I'm 58, I find myself near to some of that age group. I still seek those who are older, uh, I mean more experienced, and wiser than myself. And I'll use this forum to do that.

I'm still working as a broadcast technician/senior editor in San Francisco. When I'm finally in the shop, (spelled garage), on some nights and most weekends, I can finally relax and if I feel like it, just sip coffee, or favorite beverage and let things come and go from my mind as needed. I do flat-woodwork, and turn some. I even come to work an hour early or so, just to read this forum!
Glad I found this palce to hang,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike :wave:

We are glad you found us too. Enjoy the forums and don't be afraid to jump right in and start posting...just remember, we like pictures....

Attachments

• camera1.gif
    camera1.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 50
Hi Mike

Thanks for the introduction, I know you're going to find this a very friendly place!

Jay