Thread: fence part question?

fence part question?

i have a friend that needs some bolts for his fence, its a fence that has detachable faces, and he wants to apply new hmwv plastic on there. it has t slots and the bolts need to be counter sunk flush. i dont know the brand and so if any of you know of a source to get some new bolts for it, i would appreciate the info. or if yours uses something similar show me or tell me what they are.. thanks for the help for my friend
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    i have a friend that needs some bolts for his fence, its a fence that has detachable faces, and he wants to apply new hmwv plastic on there. it has t slots and the bolts need to be counter sunk flush. i dont know the brand and so if any of you know of a source to get some new bolts for it, i would appreciate the info. or if yours uses something similar show me or tell me what they are.. thanks for the help for my friend
    How about a picture.
    If all you need is a regular bolt with a countersunk top you could forge them. I also have a lot of countersunk bolts in up to about 1/4 inches dia. I could share.

If it's a manufacture specific part you might try http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/

I've used them before, but I've also just used them to get the part number for the part I need and then used that in google to find it cheaper.

If it's not a manufacture specific part, you might try http://www.mcmaster.com/

Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

I use toilet bowl bolts in T-tracks. Usually have to cut them shorter, but the price is OK, they are easily available, and they work.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    I use toilet bowl bolts in T-tracks. Usually have to cut them shorter, but the price is OK, they are easily available, and they work.

My 2 cents
    Bingo and ditto!
    Ken
    ------

my friend wants to thank you for your help he got it fixed threw ideas folks...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post

My 2 cents

Wow, what a great idea
    Faith, Hope & Charity