Another week is nearly over

Don Baer

Staff member
So whatcha got planed. Now that I got the tables done for the commision, I need to finish up the two chairs. I also got some other chairs to recane. That should keep me busy. Other then that Church sunday morn and also the race from Talladega..

So what yall got planed.

Last edited:
Lotsa yard work.
Clean Shop.
Work on making a hand plane.

If I can get any one of those done, I'll be lucky!

not starting off good this weekend.
I had to fire a young female employee today, caught her red handed with merchandise stuffed into her personal pocket book.
Shes been here over 5 years. I know her entire family, it was not easy.(there were 2 previous incidents but without red handed proof I didnt act)
Im very upset, but she left me no choice.

Im going to get out my 3m sharpening sheets and hone my new plane blade.
Im going to practice first on my cheap chisels, then graduate to my more expensive chisels, then do the plane blade.
If I mess any of them up, Ill have to ship them off to someone who can fix them for me. But Im going to go for that mirrored end/tip.
I wont use my grinder, I ruined too many of my cheap turning chisels like that.

Last edited:
Congrats Roger!

Allen, Sorry to hear about the troubles with the employee, hope the sharpening goes well.

This weekend I'm working on the gun grips, changing oil cooling lines on the Tahoe, and maybe going to the range to do some plinking. Sunday dinner with the kids.

Nothing really planned. I have to leave for a funeral in about an hour. Old friend I have known for almost 30 years. He was a Shriner and Legion of Honor member all that time. Passage was normal, he was 86. We are losing a lot of that generation.
Later, I will put up a couple signs for my candidate guy.
Then, this afternoon, I'll probably go and visit my good friend who was close to the buyer of my duplicator. They were friends and neighbors. Probably hit him hard.
Tomorrow afternoon, if wife has nothing planned, I'm going into shop and do something. Anything. Haven't done anything significant in months. Going into withdrawal.

It's 9:20 am, and I'm at work.:( We close at noon. It's really not bad, just interrupts what I would normally be doing in the shop.
Got to go shopping for new belt, then get a sheet of ply for the cabinet under the extension table for the new saw. Will start cutting out this afternoon, and assemble tomorrow. It will have 2 drawers, and 2 shelves. Nothing fancy. It will get painted to match the body of the saw. :rolleyes: Jim.

So whatcha got planed.
So what yall got planed.

I plane to wash the truck... my first show is next Saturday and I've been hauling manure for the garden... we're expecting storms today, so I might just plane to set the truck out in the yard and let the storm wash it.. :rofl:
other wise I have to crawl under the house and tie the outside faucett back into the water system - or drive into town and find a car wash...

Going to force myself into some shop time. Been way to busy on other stuff. Once again the storms from the south are coming this way. Rain, hail and twisters are expected. Might get bumpy.

Wow, weather guessers are right this time. Storm is here. Hope everybody down south is OK.

Last edited:
wELL, I have the pleasure of trying to vacuum up all of the corian dust that I made cutting up the stuff to make my vac adapter. The wife was not at all happy that there is white dust all over EVERYTHING in the basement. Sadly I got to vacuum up the whole basement tomorrow. :(

I attempted to post to this thread earlier but the reply to FWW timed out :huh:

Is anyone else having slow response time from FWW?

If I jump to SMC (for test purposes only) it comes right up. I think I'll flush my temporary internet files just in case.

I spent the day working on setting a line of PT 4x4x8 timbers in place as an edging for the lawn. My lawn slopes into the woods and the edge get's ratty so the line of timbers gives an edge to the lawn and then wood chips lead into the woods.

Tomorrow it will be raining so there will be shop time. I need to tweak the tenons I cut for the Morris Chair project last week (note to self - update that thread). They are tapered - thin at the end and wider deeper into the tenon. It's a setup issue for my home made tenon jig, and I'm lucky I can recover from the problem. I'd hate to have to redo the stock from scratch. . .

Cheers

Jim

PS - Allen - sorry to hear about your employee issue. It sounds like you gave them 2 chances and acted when there was no more reasonable doubt. Sometimes its no fun to be the boss. . .

I've noticed some performance issues a day ago or so.

Darren talked to bluehost I believe and I think they were aware of that one.

If you notice anything again, feel free to post a question in the "Site Questions" area and I'm sure the Admins would be happy to look into it