Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Fun

My New Fun

Always been a yoyo fan. Actually saw two kids the other day outside playing with some. Didn't know kids did geat any more. I made the first one for my Grandson. He couldn't figure it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sss_1430.JPG   ssIMG_1528.JPG  

They look great, I've made some and the hardest part was making the two sides the same size, as they need to be the same weight, or the Yo-yo won't spin right.

Great job!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    They look great, I've made some and the hardest part was making the two sides the same size, as they need to be the same weight, or the Yo-yo won't spin right.

Great job!
    That's probably why I'll never be able to make a yo-yo... mine usually will come out yo-yu or some other silly configuration...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I have a kit that has been waiting a year to get made into a yo-yo or maybe even a yo-yu.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Paul, I've collected yoyo's for years and made a few myself. Those look great. The equal weight thing is important but not so much if its just something to throw around. Now if your getting serious about throwing a yoyo then thats another story. There are people who will pay serious mony for a good looking well balanced yoyo. I know several who don't mind spending $500.00-600.00 on a good yoyo. Well done!

Tom
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Paul those are good looking yo-yo's. I have always planned on doing some but have just not got around to it.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks for the comments. They are fun to make. I've also made one out of a solid piece of wood using Yoyospins method. It was a test run and turn out good except I made it small and it's real light. I plan on doing more of them. Check out his site:

http://yoyospin.com/

Love the details on the side, that's awesome!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Now those are pretty. I've thought about doing some but to many projects going on at the same time.

Ed (YoYoSpin) is on penturning forums. He is a turner with exceptional talents. And, he is always willing to share new ideas and help other turners.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire