Sorry I upset everyone

Classic, So what do you think of this weather we have been having? :D

Oh we had a greeat turning guild meeting yesterday with Art Liestman as a presenter. Very informative stuff on barrel turning he said that he has an article in American association of wood turners coming up issue as well he did a great presentation on tea pots. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

David, it is "2 X 4 upside the head" obvious that you didn't get it all out of your system with the first post about this. While I hate for anyone to leave the forum from the standpoint that the more ideas we have from more people, the more we learn, I don't see that you are going to get over the problem you have with certain people, or situations that have occurred, here. I had hoped that you could and we could enjoy another voice. Lord knows my brother and I never got along as kids. Still don't go out of our ways to be together, but don't avoid the other either because we are family. When I disagree with situations or people here, that is how I feel about this forum. (Except I do go out of my way to come here).
Only you can forgive whatever situation has caused you to feel the way you do about this place. We can't do it for you. It's doubtful that you are going to find your answers here. Maybe take another hiatus and see if you can get past the problems, then come back. But please don't continue to bring up this crap, now or in the future. It doesn't help you or us. Jim.

Classic, So what do you think of this weather we have been having? :D

Oh we had a greeat turning guild meeting yesterday with Art Liestman as a presenter. Very informative stuff on barrel turning he said that he has an article in American association of wood turners coming up issue as well he did a great presentation on tea pots. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ok Drew I googled the barrel turning and came up with stuff about guns and some kind of dance move. What type of barrel is being turned in wood? Do you have a link?

Oh and the weather is lovely here. Had to turn the A/C on in the shop yesterday to keep from dripping sweat on the cabinets I was sanding for stain.:thumb::wave:

I am not sure which issue it is in maybe it has not come out yet. here are some pics I took from the meeting to discribe it better. He said that this is an old technique that old chair makers use to use. So no more turnning 3x3's and square stock. You can turn 2x4's and odd sized stock in an out of round fashion. He has had this steel jig made up specific for this but says that you can use good ( I mean good, no voids) plywood for this and that this is for the more experienced turners that are use to turning air. (don't use a skew). He says that he lays out how to do this in more detail in the issue of the magazine. I am not a subsciber so i am just passing on what he said in that regards. It was a very interesting meeting.

Attachments

• April 24th Guild meeting 058.JPG
    April 24th Guild meeting 058.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 33
  • April 24th Guild meeting 130.JPG
    April 24th Guild meeting 130.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 33
  • April 24th Guild meeting 140.JPG
    April 24th Guild meeting 140.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 36
Yea Alan I went on line looking for some reference to the barrel turning, but didn't find any reference to this either. Maybe it is called something different that someone else on the forum can name, but this is what I think he called it. Anyways it was something new that struck me as being something fun to try in the future. :thumb:

Drew, I think the word you're looking for is therming. :)

Thanks Ed. That is the term he used. Sorry I was trying to hear but in the community center where our meeting was being held they had carpet bowling going on upstairs and I didn't catch everything that he said ( being half deaf myself, didn't help). He did a goblet first with the "therming" method and then did this multiple turnings and mentioned something about barrel turning I just thought it was a differnt name for it. Glad that the pics helped name it and yet another word to add to my ever growing list of vortex terms.

Mr. Freed.

I believe you should stay. And Ill tell you why.

In a couple-3 days, you generated 21 people to contribute in this thread, including yourself.
In a 2 month build, I generated only 18 different posters to participate in my 3 piece build thread.
What that shows is that you are known,(and how much my work impresses anyone) and people have a certain amount of respect for what you have to say.

Its all water under the bridge.

come back and hang out, lets talk woodworking.