Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jist my opinion!

jist my opinion!

i feel that it would be nice if the forum could at least have the state from which the members are from in the profile, its part of the family thought process in my neck of the woods to know who and where we are from. its not like we are biddin against each other in auction we are tying to get the family atmosphere going here so lets see if we cant at least have the state in your profile i promise i wont send any bad press your way
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Your right Larry it would be nice to have some idea as to where someone is from. If a person asks a finishing question it makes a big difference as to weather they're from the frozen tundra or the desert southwest. If someone is worried about wood movement it makes a difference whether they live in a humid area or a dry area. Also if someone is looking for mentoring then it would be nice to be able to offer some help if you live in the area. etc etc. plus it's kinda nice to know which parts of the family are neighbors, it always nice to set up a get together. Even if it only for a cuppa Joe and to tell some lies.
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I agree Larry. Iíve had my name & home town out there since the Badger Pond days. The bogyman hasnít bothered me yet!
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Larry -

I'll give you my RR# and street number if you wanna send me some of those walnut trees that grow like weeds where you are.

I could probably manage a few lobsters in return, some nice pickled herring and some good Moosehead beer. All in the family, ya know
    All the best,
    Ian G

**Now holding auditions for a catchy new signature**

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hey Ian,
    I got some nice mesquite and some eucalyptus, could also score some olive wood and pecan here in AZ..how about masanita and cotton wood..
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I'll wholeheartedly agree with that Larry, it makes a difference like Don said about what you are talking about or asking for advice.

sometimes you see people asking about a law question or building code question..it would be nice to know where they are from to give an intelligent answer..not that I have ever given one...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Hey Ian,
    I got some nice mesquite and some eucalyptus, could also score some olive wood and pecan here in AZ..how about masanita and cotton wood..
    Don

I'm a cab'nit maker. I got no use for twisty old mesquite stumps I got one of those wood spinning things, but my most of my output is "decorative firewood". And mulch.

Besides, I'd have to ship one heck of a load of lobsters your way just to pay for the freight on wood. Not that I would mind, really - with the prices we pay for hardwood imported hardwood here.

I love Nova Scotia, but most of the trees that grow here are good for 2 things only - pulp and firewood
    All the best,
    Ian G

**Now holding auditions for a catchy new signature**

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    i feel that it would be nice if the forum could at least have the state from which the members are from in the profile, its part of the family thought process in my neck of the woods to know who and where we are from. its not like we are biddin against each other in auction we are tying to get the family atmosphere going here so lets see if we cant at least have the state in your profile i promise i wont send any bad press your way
    I agree Larry, but will generalize your suggestion to change 'state' to 'country and region'.
    Cheers, Frank

I really don't think I can get any more specific about my location without telling you what room my computer is in.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

Well you all know where I am, the Dungeon

Good idea, but it is a voluntary thing.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward