Nascar Fans

Well Mark is in 5th Place so he must be doing something right. As a matter of fact all 4 Hendrics drivers are in the top 10..

actually he's 6th according to Yahoo Sports...( http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/standings ) he jumped 4 spots after Talledega,( and could drop that many in 1 race,just as well) but overall,he's not where he was this time last year...Hendricks has an internal problem on his hands right now, and it WILL affect all 4 teams(and theres' 3 owners with 4 teams: HMS/Jack Roush/Petty.. nearly 1/4th of the field!!!) if not settled soon.....let's see the record thru 9 races.....
HMS has 4 cars= 36 raced events(opportunities fielding nearly 10% of the cars on the track):
3 poles
3 wins( all JJ)
13 top-5
17 top- 10

$$ talks in Nascar, and HMS has it.. altho I hear they';re losing some sponsors next season... but we'll see if those rumors come to pass.

actually, Stewart- Hass Racing is doing better with 2 cars,overall...and they're a YOUNG team w/o the $$ and yrs experience of HMS,too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_teams

HMS has a dynasty he's trying to maintain....but time will tell in the end which owner/driver finished better, all things considered.. I'm betting only 2 make it to the Chase...Marks' chance was last year, unfortunately, he probably will never win a Championship, and he deserves it more than the other 3 IMHO.

Last edited:
I don't follow very close. But from what I have seen Jeff never has and never will be the driver Jimmy is. Jeff is also a very bad looser:thumb: Him and JR spend most of the time after a race pointing the finger at some one else. That's why I lost. Never once have I heard either of them say well I just couldn't get it together today.:rofl::rofl:
I believe I have heard that from Mark M though.:thumb:

The thing about Jimmy being so good is that his crew chief never lets him get upset. The whole team never gets upset. They can flip a car down the front stretch and bring it in for repairs. That is a big plus right there.

Yep except for the last couple of laps. Has a guy try and tell me 24 was going to beat the 18 on the restart. I just laughed. You can beat the 18 on them short runs. The boy has a take no prisoners attitude. Makes me wonder if Hendrick ever kicks himself in the behind for letting him go for Jr.

Been thinking about this some more. Lots of rain for 2 weeks does that to a person.

Using Jr and Kyle Petty as examples of famous racing fathers. I did the math. Dale Jr vs Kyle Petty. Taking the first 12 seasons of Petty and the present 12 seasons of Jr. Petty avg finish of 16.95. Dale Jr avg finish of 17.1 (Stats came from NASCAR site.)

It looks to me like Hendrick should put Kasey Kahne in the 88 next year and tell Jr to go.