Thread: New shop Layout

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

New shop Layout

OK since I am planing a new shop lay outI figured I'd run this by you guys for comments.

right now everything is in the small 10x20 space on the right, the dust collector sits next to the table saw with 2 hoses hooked up to it one to the Planer and one to the table saw. The large workbench is non existant and the miter saw is sitting on a small bench. This layout will allow me to do hoock all of the machines up except the Band saw to the DC. I will build a proper Miter saw bench with a bunch of drawers for storage and a proper work bench. I can't move everything into the larger 2 car garage but I do have room for a few machines. And larry No I am not moving the lathe down the street as you suggested while you were here.
    Comment and suggestions are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop layout.jpg  
    Last edited by Don Baer; 04-26-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

What are you going to cut on the tablesaw? Where you have it, there will only be a couple feet of outfeed. I'd guess a 4 foot rip would pretty much max you out.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    What are you going to cut on the tablesaw? Where you have it, there will only be a couple feet of outfeed. I'd guess a 4 foot rip would pretty much max you out.
    Jim,
    It's on a mobile base so I just turn it 90 degrees if need be and the shop has roll up doors on both ends so if need be I just open the doos, sorry I didn't show that on the drawing.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

as a point of referance here's the shop as it is today. But I've gotten rid of the scroll saw.

Looks like it will give you some room to move. Are you just running a longer hose to the DC?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Looks like it will give you some room to move. Are you just running a longer hose to the DC?
    I'll run a pipe along the wall with blast gates to each machine and another pipe to the Miter saw.