Sierra Vista in Stainless Steel braid.

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
attachment.php

A good friend from Aussieland cast this blank for me on a Sierra Vista tube. Ernie @ Beartoothwoods supplied the kit. All that was left for me to do was turn and finish.

I'm not certain of the casting material, but it turns like butter, and finishes superbly.

This one was turned with a Woodchuck, then sanded lengthwise with 4oo grit AO paper. Then onto 0000 steel wool, both with the lathe running and lengthwise with the lathe stopped. The final buffing was done with Autosol paste, NuFinish Scratch Doctor and Turtle Wax "ICE".

I particularly like the monochromatic look of the pen! Feel free to critique if you dare.:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
I didn't commet earlier because I heavily favor wood and generally eschew novelty blanks.
Dunno how I feel about this pen.
Your work, as always, is outstanding and makes the pen special.
The white on white is also a matter of taste, not sure how I feel about it. Wouldn't be my choice.

I didn't commet earlier because I heavily favor wood and generally eschew novelty blanks.
Hi Frank again; I'm puzzled by your statement.:huh:Who ever thought of making a pen from a bullet!:DJust because there is a little wood on it!

The white on white is also a matter of taste, not sure how I feel about it. Wouldn't be my choice.
I guess our tastes are all subjective. That's why we are all different, but yet we are all the same!