green colored woods

According to Jim King, a source I trust as expert, there is only one wood, a very scarce variety in SA, that does not change color with time and exposure to light.
I know it is common to refer to LV as green-ish. I have several pieces, including an item almost 100 years old that are brown, not a hint of green in them. :dunno:
Stain or paint. Only guarantee, IMHO.

I concur with Frank. UV light will cause most green tinted woods to fade to brown. I have seen a deep Irish green natural stain caused by a fungus I suspect, in some woods in dark, wet, areas of the woods. Usually the wood fiber is punky.

Your best bet is to use an aniline dye or maybe something like Transtint.

I saw this thread yesterday and when I went out on the back porch I noticed how green the floor was... it rains in on the porch when ever it rains... so I would think algae will stay green if it gets enough water....:dunno::rofl::rofl:

I just bought a couple bf of poplar to build a small box for my wife. I picked through the pile to specifically get some green pieces. I want to use the mix of green heartwood and white sapwood in the design of the box instead of painting it.

I just bought a couple bf of poplar to build a small box for my wife. I picked through the pile to specifically get some green pieces. I want to use the mix of green heartwood and white sapwood in the design of the box instead of painting it.

I suspect it might stay green for quite a while on the inside of a box, since it won't be exposed to much UV light.

Oh, and welcome aboard, Jason. :wave: