Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Shop Tour

Mini Shop Tour

Alright, Haven't every posted my shop, old or the one I have now. The current one is in the front of our single car garage. The garage is about 35' deep, so have room to spread out if I need to. Quite a few of my tools are still in storage since this is about 1/4 of the space I used to have.

The black cabinets are a couple of old file cabinets that I've added casters to. They've each got a small shelf that can be slid out for extra work surfaces or to open the cases on. Next to them is the glass rack for my stained glass hobby.

My wood stock is stored on top of the metal shelf behind my table saw.

Told you it would be mini...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image00016.jpg   Image00017.jpg   Image00018.jpg   Image00020.jpg   Image00019.jpg  

Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Stained glass, cool, I did not know you did that, something I've always wanted to try!

You space looks good, not big, but not that small!

Heck, you have lots of wall space there still to use!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I haven't done any for quite a while. I've brought it out of storage to try it again. Since I have a neighbor over my garage, I'm limited in the time that I can run the power tools, the glass work is much quieter...except for my screaming in frustration.

I'm still getting organized, so the walls are fair game yet.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Looks like you have most of the major bases covered. The file cabinets with sliding shelves are a great idea.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

NIce shop I've always wanted to try stained glass as well. Looks like a lot of fun. Great idea with the cabinets.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Neighbour above the garage!? My condolences. Is this a duplex?

I also like the black filing cabinets -- putting them on wheels is a great idea.

Tell us about that large wooden cabinet in the back - the one beside the fire extinguisher with the coffee percolator(?) on top. Looks almost too nice to be in a shop.

...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Man you can come over to my shop and help with the organizing. LOL Now , where did you put the work table.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Thanks for the compliments. The black cabinets (used to be cream colored) I picked up at the local office salvage place for $25 each. I need to repair a couple of casters on the bottom and add larger ones which got bent in our move.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Tell us about that large wooden cabinet in the back - the one beside the fire extinguisher with the coffee percolator(?) on top. Looks almost too nice to be in a shop.

...art
    We're in a town home/apartment. After my kids moved out on their own and selling our house, we decided to rent for a year. We wanted to check out different areas of the city before buying again, possibly still buying land and building.

I built the entertainment center at my old house, it originally housed the 32" TV, but when we bought the flat screen we converted it to our "Entertainment Center" or liquor cabinet (see pics below). It was one of my first large pieces and weighs about as much as a piano. I typically put the three wheel casters under each foot and shuffle it around the house when my wife wants to re-arrange or dust under it. She's currently using it for extra storage as we didn't have a place for it in the apartment.

http://picasaweb.google.com/libertys...ainmentCenter#
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 04-28-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Darren

Nice. Reminds me not to complain about my small shop!

I just need to organize it before my wife puts me up for that 'Hoarders' show...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Got some shelves hung above the workbench this weekend to get some of the reloading supplies off it. I think I'm going to have to move the reloading press or the vice (right side of press), they are a bit too close. I originally had the oscillating sander on the other half of the bench, so I have a bit more room now to spread out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00114.jpg  
    Darren