Thread: Good day gone bad

Santa Claus, In

Good day gone bad

Today started off good. Worked in the shop. Planed some Oak. Found the problem with the table saw. Fixed it for now. Made a drawer organizer for drill bits. Day was going great. Then my friend from high school calls. His dad had passed. It was expected, as he had been sick for a good while. While expected, it was still painful. Now I get another call. Another good friend from high school just lost a son in a car wreak. The young man was a senior and a good kid. No he was a great kid. This was unexpected and even more painful. Best I can tell they will be in the same funeral home and at the same time. Next couple days are going to be rough for both familys.

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Both deserving of our prayers. It's good to know they had a shoulder to lean on when they needed it. Glad you were there. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    all I can say is my thoughts go out to them. My neighbor lost her husband on wed of last week and her fater on friday, seems that bad news happens in groups.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Amherst, New Hampshire
    What tragedies. My thoughts are with the families.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

North West Indiana
    Yes what Bob said, tragedies. May you be a strength for them through this troubled times. Death, inevitable, yet generally a surprise and unexpected.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Santa Claus, In
    Well so far so good with both familys. Thanks for the thoughts.

Indianapolis area
    Both families are in my prayers Steve. And you are too. It's not easy to be there for friends in times like this.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi