New Organ Build Topsy 3

For those that are building and fallowing the thread I have found 2 errors in the plans. On page #6 the C# pipe should be 1 7/32 not 1 7/64 and on page #7 shown at the bottom of the page the "A" pipe should be 1 3/4 not 1 1/4 from the Datum

I have notified John and changes are coming.

Hope everyone is moving forward and having fun with this I know I am.:thumb::thumb:

Jay

thanks Jay. Thinking out loud here: it seems a windshield wiper motor would work quite well, therefore is there any reason I'm missing that it could not be mounted on the other side of the case to drive the connecting rod and turning wheel directly?

I've been thinking about that also Ted and I think a wiper motor will work but I not sure if it can be mounted on the other side. I was talking to Peter Shirtcliffe last week and it seems that something is in the way. We will investigate more as I like that idea better than a belt on the crank wheel.

Have you checked out what is available from the Surplus Center yet they had a ton of motors last I looked.

Jay

I believe the plans said a wiper motor gives the correct rpm needed without using an intermediate shaft and pulleys to gear the motor down plus can probably pick one up cheap at auto salvage

doing some more thinking: it appears from looking at the dvd that there is plenty of room to use a worm gear drive system; due to the gear reduction a less powerful (battery saving) motor could be used. Lego (ya the toy) has a plastic worm gear setup that is probably plenty strong for this application.

Haven't gotten to a motor yet, if using a worm gear the rpms needed are decided by the number of teeth on the gear. Maybe you could find out what he is using so we don't have to reinvent the wheel here

Haven't gotten to a motor yet, if using a worm gear the rpms needed are decided by the number of teeth on the gear. Maybe you could find out what he is using so we don't have to reinvent the wheel here

I just got done talking to Peter and he showed me his set up. He uses a golf trolley motor and we also were looking and playing with a wiper motor also. Ether will work, you will just have to experiment on how to mount them.

Jay

Bellows install and Acc windchest

Well I figured I had better show what I have been up to.

This is the Bellows install in the case. I ended up having to lower the end with the metal bracket to get enough clearance for the acc windchest (take note for those who are building.
100_1409.jpg

This is the start of the acc windchest.
100_1410.jpg100_1415.jpg

This shows the acc windchest installed in the case and after lowering the Bellow on the crank end.
100_1416.jpg

Errors on drawing

I need to let some folks know of some errors I have found. I have talked to John and changes are coming just want to give those building and watching here the heads up.:doh:

The Accompaniament pipes on pg #6 the C# pipe internal depth should be 1-7/32 not 1-7/64

On pg #7 the measurement for drilling "A" shown at the bottom of pg should be 1-3/4" NOT 1-1/4" shown.

On pg #8 for the Melody Bourdons. The internal depth starting at "B" & "C" pipe should be 11/16 NOT 5/8 and the Width should be 5/8 (nothing shown)

Hope I have got these to you in time.:dunno:

Jay,
Could you clarify this please?

"On pg #8 for the Melody Bourdons. The internal depth starting at "B" & "C" pipe should be 11/16 NOT 5/8 and the Width should be 5/8 (nothing shown)"

So, B through E (starting at the top of the list) are 11/16 int. depth and 5/8 int. width?

Thanks,
Bob

bellows testing

Case is done and ready to test bellows pressure and do adjusting but: I don't see how the fitting that goes on the bellows is made, When that is figured out then is the water gauge connected to it and the main reservoir hole closed off?