New Organ Build Topsy 3

Robert, organ looks real nice. Everything looks to be well made and neatly done. Is it playing music yet? I look forward to seeing and hearing a video when your ready.
I'm in the middle of an organ build myself but not the Topsy. I'm building a 31 note organ and although I got it to a place where I could play music on it just before Christmas I still have a lot of work yet to do on it. It is far from "show ready". I don't heat my shop through the coldest winter months so I brought the organ inside. I'm hoping to get back to it soon to get it completed. I still need to cut my pipes to final length and finish my outer cabinet.

Hi Tom
Seems like you and I are the only ones left that pay any attention to this part of Familywoodworking. Yes it is playing music with the pipes I have built and installed. Just have about 30 more to go. Plenty of work after that before I can finish the cabinet. Then it will be time to post a video.
Thanks
Bob

Tom you going to post some pics of your build to date ....please.?

Tom, what is the 31 note organ you are building?

I started a build thread last spring but stopped posting to it after having my motorcycle wreck and not being able to work on it again until last fall. I have taken photos but have not updated my thread. I will see if I can do that this weekend.

I found his web site...still going strong as far as I can tell. Left him a note on Facebook that he was missed on this thread.
I found his "Frog Pond Guitar" website but not his "A Turn N Time" website that he used for his organ building contact page.
Anyway, good that you sent him a message. Hope he sees it and is able to check in and say hi.

HEY JAY.....:wave:

Hi Guy :wave:
Yes I am still here and I was not aware that the web site was gone good ole Go-Daddy. Will be looking into a better service provider later this year.
I have been berried in work with the blueberries and planting blackberries. Also have been working on Mountain Dulcimers, Hammer Dulcimers and making all the parts for Dobro's.
I also just plowed up an acre for Pop Corn and cut Flowers

My organ is done all but the Glock and I am going to go play at the Art Fest in Springfield in May this will be the 16th year I have been invited to play. I guess they really like it as I am the only one that has been invited back that many times :D

I do check in once in awhile but just not enough time in the day and with slow internet it is some times impossible.

:pullhair::wave::wave::wave::busy:

Oh Yeah I just had the cataract removed on my right eye, so far it is going much better than when they did the left one a year ago

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Jay. Sounds like you have indeed been a very busy guy, although one of these days you'll sit back with a big ol slice of blueberry pie and just smile.

Hey Jay,
Good to hear you're getting berried. I have a consultation next Monday for my cataract removal. Doing both. It's going to slow down my wood cutting until I get comfortable with new sight and glasses. Not going to loose a finger tip.