Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: New Organ Build Topsy 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by ted heid View Post
    Have no idea what a golf trolley motor is. Any more info or a pix on how he did it?
    Ted, he probubly means a golf cart motor, you know those brits talk funney.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Yeah but its not the kind you ride on its the ones that have a motor on them and look kind of like the ones you pull.

Jay
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    here is a link to ww grangers motor selector that might help you guys locate a motor for this build.

darn it can't get the link to work. just go to their web site and select motors, then select find a motor by application then gear motor.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 06-15-2010 at 10:40 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Gear motors

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    here is a link to ww grangers motor selector that might help you guys locate a motor for this build.

darn it can't get the link to work. just go to their web site and select motors, then select find a motor by application then gear motor.
    Cant afford any of those Don but check this site out
    https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.a...dc%20gearmotor
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Bellows install and Acc windchest

Well I figured I had better show what I have been up to.

This is the Bellows install in the case. I ended up having to lower the end with the metal bracket to get enough clearance for the acc windchest (take note for those who are building.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1409.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	46401

This is the start of the acc windchest.

Name:	100_1410.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	46402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1415.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	46403

This shows the acc windchest installed in the case and after lowering the Bellow on the crank end.

Name:	100_1416.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	46404
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

Errors on drawing

I need to let some folks know of some errors I have found. I have talked to John and changes are coming just want to give those building and watching here the heads up.

The Accompaniament pipes on pg #6 the C# pipe internal depth should be 1-7/32 not 1-7/64

On pg #7 the measurement for drilling "A" shown at the bottom of pg should be 1-3/4" NOT 1-1/4" shown.

On pg #8 for the Melody Bourdons. The internal depth starting at "B" & "C" pipe should be 11/16 NOT 5/8 and the Width should be 5/8 (nothing shown)

Hope I have got these to you in time.
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

Building Pipes

Well the pipe factory is OPEN

Working on the 44 Bourdons

Name:	100_1419.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	46406

These are the 12 Accompaniament pipes

Name:	100_1417.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	46405
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

Jay,
    Could you clarify this please?

"On pg #8 for the Melody Bourdons. The internal depth starting at "B" & "C" pipe should be 11/16 NOT 5/8 and the Width should be 5/8 (nothing shown)"

So, B through E (starting at the top of the list) are 11/16 int. depth and 5/8 int. width?

Thanks,
    Bob

Bob
    Yes that is right John was in the process of changing it and got side tracked.
    I cut "D#" & "E" 5/8" and 1/2" Im not sure if thats right or not but it what I did. John said what is wrote down was what the pipes measured.

Jay
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

bellows testing

Case is done and ready to test bellows pressure and do adjusting but: I don't see how the fitting that goes on the bellows is made, When that is figured out then is the water gauge connected to it and the main reservoir hole closed off?