New Organ Build Topsy 3

Jay!

Your work looks fantastic !!

Still looking for the VCR junnkers -- I was really hoping that the guy would call me back with several to sell -- I should have know better - these situation are never reliable.. people's word is just hot air most of the time...

I will keep looking ! paul

Here's a thought for the "threaded plate" to anchor the bellows. I plan on using Tee nuts instead of the plate. No need to cut, drill and tap the plates. I have used them for years and they work great. Any thoughts as to why they would not work?

Hey Guys,

From John's web site.

"MIDI Set-up files
There are a couple of errors in the MIDI set-up files supplied before August 2010, so please send an e-mail to request corrected copies - which will also include extra tuning files".

Mine arrived today.

tuning pipes

accompaniment pipes tuned fine but melody pipes I have a couple that "breathe" no matter where I set the lip, not a nice strong tone and one that has a low volume output:any suggestions???????

Ted
What I have run into is using to thick of a cardboard for the bottom cap. I had some that was over the .5mm it went from .55 to .6mm and it just would not voice right.

What I use is the pop carton card board as the cereal boxes I have found are all to thick. I shoot for .5mm to .43mm and they work fine. I always try for the thinner.

Jay

Back from a trip to my daughters. Thought I'd weight in on the thickness issue. I have been using Kellogg's Special K boxes on the Busker pipes. They come in at .48mm. I checked a cola carton. It was .43mm. Looks like either one would work.

Main windchest

Well I am about to close up the main windchest. I have all the pallet valves install and have checked them to make sure they all work. Going to get it installed and check for any leaks and make sure it all works under pressure.

100_1449.jpg 100_1450.jpg

I have a compact register board and a SD player ready to go also.

100_1455.jpg 100_1456.jpg

Hope you have it air tight -- hate leaks -- it is really very pretty, slick, and well made.. (is it possible to be a pretty organ?:rofl::rofl:) --

Harold
Yes I will and I have some right now if you need them also have a SD player going on there too.:thumb:

Paul
So far so good I installed the chest today and no major leaks found yet and so far all the valves I have checked work just fine under pressure. :thumb::thumb:
Even got a few of the pipes to HOOT

Jay,
I'm interested in buying one. I have a SD player. Bought the kit from Robert. The SD MIDIController. Works great.

Still working on my Busker pipes. Also working on getting my Karmann Ghia running so I can sell it. Too many cars, plus I need the garage space.

tuning pipes

Thinking ahead to tuning open pipes and closed end bass pipes.Is there some type of formula or something as to how much of a cut affects tuning? Don't want to cut too short and have to redo pipes

Ted I cut mine close to size but left a little long and sanded them to tune sharp on a disk sander (this was for the Universal) then used the metal to bring them into tune. This is on the open pipes

As for the stopped pipes John give the size for them to be 10% longer than needed. I build them long voice and set the note and then trim them to length after I am sure they speak and tune properly just leave them a little long in case you need to pull the plug up a little for fine tuning after it plays in for awhile.

Jay